FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Guide to unlock Huawei Ascend Mate bootloader

502 posts
Thanks Meter: 921
 
By joe.stone, Senior Member on 9th February 2014, 06:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Guide to unlock Huawei Ascend Mate bootloader
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.EVERYTHING WRITTEN IN THIS DOCUMENT WAS TESTED ON MY PHONE.

After playing with my Mate I found a way to unlock the locked bootloader. If your bootloader is unlocked you can flash custom kernel , recovery to your phone.
The files used to unlock the bootloader is from P6 KitKat firmware. These two files are for efi and fastboot partition. Flashing only these partitions can avoid problems with mismatching modem firmware. The process was tested on official B221 firmware , but should work with any firmware. Reflashing a stock firmware(as I know there are only firmwares for Mate only with locked bootloader) with dload will relock the bootloader.
Unlocking process need proper adb and fastboot drivers installed. I use this driver :Huawei handset drivers for windows

Guide in pdf format


If your adb and fastboot drivers are correct you can start unlocking the bootloader.
If you want to unlock the bootloader and install Twrp recovery use this package :Bootloader unlock with TWRP install
Bootloader unlock with TWRP install mirror

This way powering on your phone with volume up button hold TWRP recovery comes up instead of stock 3e recovery. If you want to use the dload method to install a stock rom you have to restore the stock recovery.
Stock B221 fastboot flashable recovery
Stock B221 fastboot flashable recovery mirror
The other package just unlocks the bootloader .Bootloader unlock.
Bootloader unlock mirror.
Turn on USB debugging on your phone (settings->developer settings)
Start the package.
File extraction starts.
Command prompt window should appear.
Your phone restarts in bootloader mode.
Efi partition is flashed.
Fastboot partition is flashed.
Your phone restarts in bootloader mode.
Your bootloader state is displayed. (should say bootloader unlocked)
Your phone restart in normal mode.


This is what the packages do :
.\adb wait-for-device
.\adb reboot bootloader
.\fastboot flash efi efi.img
.\fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img
.\fastboot reboot-bootloader
timeout 2
.\fastboot oem get-bootinfo
timeout 10

If it says your bootloader is still locked you can try the following:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU


If you want to restore stock rom and recovery here are the packages.
Recovery restore package for B221
Recovery restore package for B907

These packages restores the original efi and fastboot partition and then restores the stock recovery. These packages do the opposite as the unlock bootloader , however my phone stayed unlocked. Also this package solves the problem when the stock recovery stuck at the begining when trying to flash a stock rom using dload method.

WARNING:If you plan to flash a rom not made for Mate , always check that it does not overwrite other partitions then boot, system, data, cust. If the install package reflash the modem do not install it as it can hard brick your device.
For updated versions of permanent TWRP recovery check my thread here
Thanks to surdu_petru for the initial device tree to compile twrp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140207_205258.jpg
Views:	6436
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	2569306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140208_233020.jpg
Views:	5646
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	2569307  
Last edited by joe.stone; 27th June 2015 at 12:23 PM.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to joe.stone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joe.stone Ad-Free
 
 
9th February 2014, 08:17 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.stone

Guide to unlock Huawei Ascend Mate bootloader
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.EVERYTHING WRITTEN IN THIS DOCUMENT WAS TESTED ON MY PHONE.

After playing with my Mate I found a way to unlock the locked bootloader. If your bootloader is unlocked you can flash custom kernel , recovery to your phone.
The files used to unlock the bootloader is from P6 KitKat firmware. These two files are for efi and fastboot partition. Flashing only these partitions can avoid problems with mismatching modem firmware. The process was tested on official B221 firmware , but should work with any firmware. Reflashing a stock firmware(as I know there are only firmwares for Mate only with locked bootloader) with dload will relock the bootloader.
Unlocking process need proper adb and fastboot drivers installed. I use this driver :Huawei handset drivers for windows
Guide in pdf format


If your adb and fastboot drivers are correct you can start unlocking the bootloader.
If you want to unlock the bootloader and install Twrp recovery use this package :Bootloader unlock with TWRP install
This way powering on your phone with volume up button hold TWRP recovery comes up instead of stock 3e recovery. If you want to use the dload method to install a stock rom you have to restore the stock recovery.
Stock B221 fastboot flashable recovery
The other package just unlocks the bootloader .Bootloader unlock.
Turn on USB debugging on your phone (settings->developer settings)
Start the package.
File extraction starts.
Command prompt window should appear.
Your phone restarts in bootloader mode.
Efi partition is flashed.
Fastboot partition is flashed.
Your phone restarts in bootloader mode.
Your bootloader state is displayed. (should say bootloader unlocked)
Your phone restart in normal mode.


This is what the packages do :
.\adb wait-for-device
.\adb reboot bootloader
.\fastboot flash efi efi.img
.\fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img
.\fastboot reboot-bootloader
timeout 2
.\fastboot oem get-bootinfo
timeout 10


Thanks to surdu_petru for the initial device tree to compile twrp.

Thanks joe....atlast bootloader unlocked..

One more thing i installed Fly UI OS from p6 and replaced with stock HAM boot.img....OS is not booting properly getting lots of FC's...
Does CM10.1 require different kernel or do we need to change any setting?
9th February 2014, 08:27 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 921
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svvv

Thanks joe....atlast bootloader unlocked..

One more thing i installed Fly UI OS from p6 and replaced with stock HAM boot.img....OS is not booting properly getting lots of FC's...
Does CM10.1 require different kernel or do we need to change any setting?

CM 10.1 may need some change in kernel or/and its config. Init.rc files needs modifications (framework , init.d support) , and it can happen that the init binary need some mods in cm source for proper working.For example wifi firmware path as on g510 . The standard cm init uses 2 firmware path , while the g510 init uses 4 to properly load wifi firmware files.You can check it on my github.
I am planning to compile a cm rom for our device , but the bootloader was the first step.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe.stone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joe.stone Ad-Free
9th February 2014, 08:55 PM |#4  
surdu_petru's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 10,509
 
Donate to Me
More
Awesome news mate ...

Finally someone can make goodies on HAM !

You can take a look also on my CM11 development project for P6, maybe you will make one for HAM !

Good luck !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
9th February 2014, 09:22 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Минск
Thanks Meter: 264
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Nice , very nice
9th February 2014, 10:05 PM |#6  
huggy_72's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Yes !!! This is best news on Ham. Thanks

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI MT1-U06 utilizzando Tapatalk
10th February 2014, 11:17 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
Thanks! ...While this method works to unlock bootloader in B907 HAM??? I think I'll try
Last edited by ErSergi; 10th February 2014 at 11:30 AM.
10th February 2014, 01:08 PM |#8  
huggy_72's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Unlocked on B907 it was only a problem , the bat don't find the extracted folder on %temp% but it was there .....I was running adb cmd inside temp folder. Work perfect . THANKS
IT'S DAY ZERO FOR OWR DEVICE

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI MT1-U06 utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huggy_72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huggy_72 Ad-Free
10th February 2014, 01:26 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
unlocked bootloader will be easier to carry kitkat HAM??
10th February 2014, 04:55 PM |#10  
surdu_petru's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 10,509
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErSergi

unlocked bootloader will be easier to carry kitkat HAM??

Yes, KitKat will be more easily to port on HAM !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
10th February 2014, 06:30 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru

Yes, KitKat will be more easily to port on HAM !

but we need kernel from huawei right....for kitkat
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes