Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unable to restore Nandroid backup

OP number_thirty_two

4th June 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
I took a Nandroid backup of my stock phone (all partitions) before I flashed a new ROM (DN3). Then I decided to return to stock ROM, so I wiped phone and restored Nandroid backup (all partitions except bootloader and recovery).

Now the phone will not boot, it just shows a logo and then a black screen. I can connect to it via ADB however.

I thought Nandroid backup was a safe way of preserving phone, but it seems it cannot actually be trusted?
5th June 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nessie Country
Thanks Meter: 78

633 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by number_thirty_two

I took a Nandroid backup of my stock phone (all partitions) before I flashed a new ROM (DN3). Then I decided to return to stock ROM, so I wiped phone and restored Nandroid backup (all partitions except bootloader and recovery).

Now the phone will not boot, it just shows a logo and then a black screen. I can connect to it via ADB however.

I thought Nandroid backup was a safe way of preserving phone, but it seems it cannot actually be trusted?

depends on bootloader i guess, but maybe try wipe data and preload / cache and dalvik and reflash, make sure ROM to flash is on external sdcard as may lose all data on phone
7th June 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 260

820 posts
More
Having the same issue after re-partitioning my phone. My nandroid backup is about 2.3gb and it took about 200 seconds to restore. Nothing was actually restored when I booted up. (This nandroid was made to my SD-Card, wonder if that makes any difference.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from a small country named Singapore.
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread