Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 44,218 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Strange Bluetooth issue

Tip us?

smalltownbird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Strange Bluetooth issue

Since I got my phone on release day and I haven't been able to use it to make calls in my 2012 mazdaspeed3. My other phones have worked fine so I thought I needed a software update on my radio. Well everything is up to date and that didn't fix it.
The problem is when I make or receive a phone call the Bluetooth will connect and disconnect every 5-10 seconds. This makes it impossible to talk on the phone.
So I have tried stock roms, sense based roms, and all the CM based roms and they all did the same thing. Yesterday I was trying to figure it out so I sat in my car in the garage and the phone was in a constant connect disconnect loop. During this time I was disabling apps and services hoping to stop it when all of a sudden I turned off WiFi and it stopped. I then called my wife and had a 10 min conversation with no problems. So I now run a tasker profile that when Bluetooth connects it turns off WiFi so I can make calls. The problem is I have a nexus 7 dash mounted and I use the WiFi hotspot to run apps.
So after all that, does this sound like a hardware issue or a software issue? Should I return my phone for an exchange? Thanks for the help

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

85gallon
Old
Thanks Meter 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownbird View Post
Since I got my phone on release day and I haven't been able to use it to make calls in my 2012 mazdaspeed3. My other phones have worked fine so I thought I needed a software update on my radio. Well everything is up to date and that didn't fix it.
The problem is when I make or receive a phone call the Bluetooth will connect and disconnect every 5-10 seconds. This makes it impossible to talk on the phone.
So I have tried stock roms, sense based roms, and all the CM based roms and they all did the same thing. Yesterday I was trying to figure it out so I sat in my car in the garage and the phone was in a constant connect disconnect loop. During this time I was disabling apps and services hoping to stop it when all of a sudden I turned off WiFi and it stopped. I then called my wife and had a 10 min conversation with no problems. So I now run a tasker profile that when Bluetooth connects it turns off WiFi so I can make calls. The problem is I have a nexus 7 dash mounted and I use the WiFi hotspot to run apps.
So after all that, does this sound like a hardware issue or a software issue? Should I return my phone for an exchange? Thanks for the help

Borrow the ole ball and chain's phone and see if it acts the same way.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

smalltownbird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Tried it. It works fine in my car, she has an S4. My phone also does the same in her car...

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Sounds like u need to swap it out for a replacement. Never had an issue unless using custom kernals.
Device: Verizon HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Stock

85gallon
Old
Thanks Meter 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts View Post
Sounds like u need to swap it out for a replacement.
^ ^ What he said^ ^
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

TheRectified
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Weird...

My M8 should be here today and I have a 2010 Mazdaspeed3. I hope this isn't an issue with all of them. Although, my MS3 has a long history of it's bluetooth not getting along with HTC phones.
HTC One M8 <- Nexus 5 <- Galaxy S4 <- HTC One M7 <- iPhone 4s <- Galaxy Note 2 <- Galaxy S3 <- Galaxy S2 <- HTC Evo 3D <- HTC Evo <- HTC Hero <- Palm Pre <- Blackberry Tour <- Samsung Instinct <- HTC Touch Diamond <- HTC Mogul <- A couple old Blackberrys

smalltownbird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Did you have any issues?

TheRectified
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownbird View Post
Did you have any issues?

So far, no. It took me like 20 minutes to get the phone to pair but once that was done it hasn't disconnected at all. I have music constantly streaming through Bluetooth to the car and I've taken a couple calls with no issue.
HTC One M8 <- Nexus 5 <- Galaxy S4 <- HTC One M7 <- iPhone 4s <- Galaxy Note 2 <- Galaxy S3 <- Galaxy S2 <- HTC Evo 3D <- HTC Evo <- HTC Hero <- Palm Pre <- Blackberry Tour <- Samsung Instinct <- HTC Touch Diamond <- HTC Mogul <- A couple old Blackberrys

jdebutts
Old
Thanks Meter 70
having the same issue here. My vehicle is a 2013 Ford F150 with Sync.

Worked up until about a day ago .. Now i can't get stock or aosp roms to lock in bluetooth

JLintheTL619
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdebutts View Post
having the same issue here. My vehicle is a 2013 Ford F150 with Sync.

Worked up until about a day ago .. Now i can't get stock or aosp roms to lock in bluetooth
Have you tried clearing data and cache in settings?

the Red Viper ROM