Location Custom binary blocked by reactivation lock

OP Droid9684

6th June 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

260 posts
More
I accidentally forgot to uncheck the reactivation lock before i went into my custom recovery. I cant reboot my developers device now and am stuck. "Custom binary blocked by reactivation lock" I don't have access to Odin as I have Mac. Already tried going into download mode and restarting phone. Any options?

Stock backup of my device was thru custom recovery TWRP
6th June 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 45

176 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid9684

I accidentally forgot to uncheck the reactivation lock before i went into my custom recovery. I cant reboot my developers device now and am stuck. "Custom binary blocked by reactivation lock" I don't have access to Odin as I have Mac. Already tried going into download mode and restarting phone. Any options?

Stock backup of my device was thru custom recovery TWRP

Access a PC, d/l Oden3_v3.09 and the SM-G900V tar and rebuild

Sucks, being surrounded by fruit.

you might try to go into stock recovery, (home/volume up/power) and select wipe data/factory rest.
Last edited by spinwizard; 6th June 2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Better Odin3_v3.09 d/l host.
The Following User Says Thank You to spinwizard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinwizard

you might try to go into stock recovery, (home/volume up/power) and select wipe data/factory rest.

What are you referring to exactly when you said"Sucks, being surrounded by fruit." Ok well it was a pain in the ass to get to use a friends PC just to use odin to obtain root and flash. JODIN is saying on my mac that PIT is corrupt when it tries to make a file! It did this before. I have no idea why! I really wish i remembered to uncheck that damn samsung security setting before i went into recovery to do a recent backup! Crap! Maybe i can go out and rent a computer or something for now? I need to get this done in short time.
6th June 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

260 posts
More
Quote:

Well i tried installing odin on my folks computer but it wont install. All that happens is it installs an installer and wont open the appliction. Now what?
6th June 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #5  
Flag South Florida

176 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bad Odin3 file.
Quote:

Well i tried installing odin on my folks computer but it wont install. All that happens is it installs an installer and wont open the appliction. Now what?

It seems the original Odin3 V3.09 was corrupted? Or so it seems. Use this one here. Sorry...
7th June 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

260 posts
More
Quote:

It seems the original Odin3 V3.09 was corrupted? Or so it seems. Use this one here. Sorry...

Well i cant figure this out and i'm getting frustrated.I was able to borrow my folks computer and i downloaded all files needed. I have the zip files loaded and unloaded and when i go into PDA to place the file nothing shows up. Phones connected successfully. I'll have to try another day possibly. People give me lots of crap when i need to borrow a PC.

It says COM in blue but nothing in the above boxes. I was able to download the samsung drivers successfully.

Message says "<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

Auto boot and ftime reset are checked.
Last edited by Droid9684; 7th June 2014 at 02:21 AM.
7th June 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #7  
Flag South Florida

176 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well i cant figure this out and i'm getting frustrated.I was able to borrow my folks computer and i downloaded all files needed. I have the zip files loaded and unloaded and when i go into PDA to place the file nothing shows up. Phones connected successfully. I'll have to try another day possibly. People give me lots of crap when i need to borrow a PC.

It says COM in blue but nothing in the above boxes. I was able to download the samsung drivers successfully.

Message says "<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

Auto boot and ftime reset are checked.

I can tell you that I was able to odin the stock VZW tar to pass. My phone works fine, so the tar is good. But no root. I would think this would restore your phone, if you can get into download mode.
7th June 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

260 posts
More
Quote:

I can tell you that I was able to odin the stock VZW tar to pass. My phone works fine, so the tar is good. But no root. I would think this would restore your phone, if you can get into download mode.

Yes well obviously i was in download mode. I actually was trying to also flash a rescue package as well in ODIN. That also won't work. It's pre rooted stock rom. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2747156

What is it im doing wrong here?
7th June 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 55

333 posts
Developer's edition problems

Sent from my SM-G900V using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
7th June 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maphack

Developer's edition problems

Sent from my SM-G900V using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Ok that didn't help at all.... yes there's problems but not with phone but rather odin with the tar and zip files not showing up in PDA.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread