Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Best phone I've had!

OP doverjosh8

24th April 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #1  
I recently purchased the Galaxy S5 and I have to say, it's one of the best phones I have had. I am yet to have any problems with it and it's just perfect for my everyday use!

Has anyone else got it? What are your thoughts?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doverjosh8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #2  
Fort Myers
Thanks Meter: 31

163 posts
Donate to Me
More
Same here dude! There's so much hate going on about it online but honestly it makes no sense when this is definitely better than other galaxy phones all around and it's just a beautiful device. Just because its made with plastic shouldn't make it "bad". Glad I'm not alone!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th April 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGillis2391

Same here dude! There's so much hate going on about it online but honestly it makes no sense when this is definitely better than other galaxy phones all around and it's just a beautiful device. Just because its made with plastic shouldn't make it "bad". Glad I'm not alone!

Tell me about it. It doesn't deserve this much hate just because of the material it's made of. Why don't people base it off the actual phone and not the material.
25th April 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,935

4,714 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doverjosh8

Tell me about it. It doesn't deserve this much hate just because of the material it's made of. Why don't people base it off the actual phone and not the material.

Because people are all about looks/aesthetics these days, that's why.... either way I wrap my baby up in a case, so ven if I had an M8 you wouldn't be able to see the "premium, beautiful metal build". FYI I prefer the plastic, doesn't dent or scratch nearly as easy as metal, and less weight, so when/if it does fall, it gets less damage!
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #5  
Triangle, VA
Thanks Meter: 102

370 posts
my fav was the note 2... but this phone is great the m8 was long for no reason didnt feel good in the hand and was heavy

soon as i got the 5 out the box it felt way better before even turning it on
The Following User Says Thank You to smooth703 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #6  
Fort Myers
Thanks Meter: 31

163 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Because people are all about looks/aesthetics these days, that's why.... either way I wrap my baby up in a case, so ven if I had an M8 you wouldn't be able to see the "premium, beautiful metal build". FYI I prefer the plastic, doesn't dent or scratch nearly as easy as metal, and less weight, so when/if it does fall, it gets less damage!

Agree entirely!

25th April 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag South Jersey
Thanks Meter: 24

72 posts
More
I agree with you guys. I think it feels great in the hand. It had me at screen on.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
26th April 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1,652

2,242 posts
yep, its great

the hate is all about because samsung is getting complacent and not changing up the phone exterior.....i mean..it essentially looks like a S4

what i don't like about it is that i think samsung is mass producing too quickly and a lot of phones have random issues here and there like scratched bezels, crooked stuff, mushy home buttons, etc...the QA went downhill
26th April 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #9  
Tampa
Thanks Meter: 10

72 posts
More
I'm happy with it!

I've never had a problem with touchwiz. This one is more user friendly and maybe more designed for the casual user but I do find things easier now.

The battery life is better than my S3 but all phones seem to start out with battery life being good for the first year then it goes down.

I haven't taken many pictures but I'm not real happy with the camera.
26th April 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1,652

2,242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhess

I haven't taken many pictures but I'm not real happy with the camera.

what dont you like specifically?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread