Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

[Q] Can't connect to Telus, just Rogers

OP simmo0020

8th June 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

104 posts
Ok guys very strange and a little bit of a long winded story here......

So I am from the UK and have a factory sim free HTC One M7, used in the UK on EE no issues.

I am travelling in Canada so decided to get a Telus Prepaid Sim card, went to the store had it activated and installed today and it was working fine for about 3 hours in Medicine Hat. As I drove out the city it began to lose signal, now the only network I can see under carriers is Rogers.

I tried the sim in my friends phone (samsung s3) and it works fine and picks up signal immediately.

So it MUST be a phone issue, can someone please help me find a solution?
8th June 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmo0020

Ok guys very strange and a little bit of a long winded story here......

So I am from the UK and have a factory sim free HTC One M7, used in the UK on EE no issues.

I am travelling in Canada so decided to get a Telus Prepaid Sim card, went to the store had it activated and installed today and it was working fine for about 3 hours in Medicine Hat. As I drove out the city it began to lose signal, now the only network I can see under carriers is Rogers.

I tried the sim in my friends phone (samsung s3) and it works fine and picks up signal immediately.

So it MUST be a phone issue, can someone please help me find a solution?

Please can someone help, now I am seeing Telus in the ntwork operators menu but when I try to connect it I get this message

Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network
8th June 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 151

838 posts
More
Quote:

Please can someone help, now I am seeing Telus in the ntwork operators menu but when I try to connect it I get this message

Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network

so that means either your phone is locked and it does not allow for overseas carriers. reason you see rogers is thats roaming mode on and connected to Rogers.
8th June 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp13

so that means either your phone is locked and it does not allow for overseas carriers. reason you see rogers is thats roaming mode on and connected to Rogers.

How can that be the case when it was working when I first installed the sim in the store?

Also I bought the phone new sim free???
9th June 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 151

838 posts
More
Quote:

How can that be the case when it was working when I first installed the sim in the store?

Also I bought the phone new sim free???

go to settings and go to apn settings. is it specific to telus? i had kitkat installed but apn settings never saved or let me change it. it was a bug. But in custom roms it was fixed.

anyways these are the apn settings for telus:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1977232

option 2) try other sims Bell, rogers, koodoo, fido. if they work then its unlocked phone.

factory reset if anything.
9th June 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 421

1,745 posts
Out of Telus coverage?
10th June 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Out of Telus coverage?

Ok I gave up with it in the end and sold the sim card to a friend.

I bought a Rogers sim card as the phone was picking that up quite easily, ow my issue is I am only getting an EDGE connection when I am in an area that supports HSPA+

I'm really beginning to despair.
10th June 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 421

1,745 posts
Quote:

Ok I gave up with it in the end and sold the sim card to a friend.

I bought a Rogers sim card as the phone was picking that up quite easily, ow my issue is I am only getting an EDGE connection when I am in an area that supports HSPA+

I'm really beginning to despair.

Sorry.. no ideas.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread