Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Red Triangle Stock Sense 6 update

Tip us?

mfpreach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Red Triangle Stock Sense 6 update

Just received the stock update to Sense 6. I am in Canada, on Telus, fully stock.
When the phone boots into the recovery to flash the update, I am getting a red triangle and the error is unexpected contents in settings.apk

Any suggestions on how to get this update working other than hard resetting before the update?
Thanks.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Can you reboot normally? Just select the Reboot system option? Also, if it insists on going to update, hold power button to forcefully restart and keep pressing the volume down button to get into bootloader mode.

Try restart from there.

As you are FULLY stock (no root, should say LOCKED on that bootloader screen) you can either consider going through the warranty OR trying it yourself to fix by unlocking bootloader OR take it to someone locally.

Unfortunately all options will lead to data loss.

mfpreach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Can you reboot normally? Just select the Reboot system option? Also, if it insists on going to update, hold power button to forcefully restart and keep pressing the volume down button to get into bootloader mode.

Try restart from there.

As you are FULLY stock (no root, should say LOCKED on that bootloader screen) you can either consider going through the warranty OR trying it yourself to fix by unlocking bootloader OR take it to someone locally.

Unfortunately all options will lead to data loss.
Yes it reboots and yes I have a locked bootloader. I would hard reset before sending it out for servicing.

Any other people having this issue?

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpreach View Post
Yes it reboots and yes I have a locked bootloader. I would hard reset before sending it out for servicing.

Any other people having this issue?
Not heard of a problem while updating. You are special.

mfpreach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
What are your guys thoughts on flashing a stock ruu and then trying to ota to sense 6?

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Quote:
What are your guys thoughts on flashing a stock ruu and then trying to ota to sense 6?
Great idea!

nouxxer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Did your problem solved?

mfpreach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Haha I haven't been able to try, on my 8.1 box I get an error 170 when trying to connect the phone in ruu. On my win7 box the ruu just auto closes....

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Haha I haven't been able to try, on my 8.1 box I get an error 170 when trying to connect the phone in ruu. On my win7 box the ruu just auto closes....
well error 170 is either because your drivers aren't installed correctly or because you have a bad usb cable/port
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

mfpreach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
well error 170 is either because your drivers aren't installed correctly or because you have a bad usb cable/port
Thanks,I will look into it tomorrow.
Are there even good drivers for 8.1 yet bearing in mind I don't have a USB 3 port?