Ask a question

No registration required

Red Triangle Stock Sense 6 update

OP mfpreach

20th May 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

632 posts
Just received the stock update to Sense 6. I am in Canada, on Telus, fully stock.
When the phone boots into the recovery to flash the update, I am getting a red triangle and the error is unexpected contents in settings.apk

Any suggestions on how to get this update working other than hard resetting before the update?
Thanks.
20th May 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 443

1,801 posts
Can you reboot normally? Just select the Reboot system option? Also, if it insists on going to update, hold power button to forcefully restart and keep pressing the volume down button to get into bootloader mode.

Try restart from there.

As you are FULLY stock (no root, should say LOCKED on that bootloader screen) you can either consider going through the warranty OR trying it yourself to fix by unlocking bootloader OR take it to someone locally.

Unfortunately all options will lead to data loss.
20th May 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

632 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Can you reboot normally? Just select the Reboot system option? Also, if it insists on going to update, hold power button to forcefully restart and keep pressing the volume down button to get into bootloader mode.

Try restart from there.

As you are FULLY stock (no root, should say LOCKED on that bootloader screen) you can either consider going through the warranty OR trying it yourself to fix by unlocking bootloader OR take it to someone locally.

Unfortunately all options will lead to data loss.

Yes it reboots and yes I have a locked bootloader. I would hard reset before sending it out for servicing.

Any other people having this issue?
20th May 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #4  

1,801 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpreach

Yes it reboots and yes I have a locked bootloader. I would hard reset before sending it out for servicing.

Any other people having this issue?

Not heard of a problem while updating. You are special.
28th May 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

632 posts
What are your guys thoughts on flashing a stock ruu and then trying to ota to sense 6?
28th May 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #6  

1,801 posts
Quote:

What are your guys thoughts on flashing a stock ruu and then trying to ota to sense 6?

Great idea!
28th May 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #7  
Port Klang
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
Quote:

Did your problem solved?
29th May 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

632 posts
Haha I haven't been able to try, on my 8.1 box I get an error 170 when trying to connect the phone in ruu. On my win7 box the ruu just auto closes....
29th May 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #9  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,388

3,593 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Haha I haven't been able to try, on my 8.1 box I get an error 170 when trying to connect the phone in ruu. On my win7 box the ruu just auto closes....

well error 170 is either because your drivers aren't installed correctly or because you have a bad usb cable/port
29th May 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

632 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

well error 170 is either because your drivers aren't installed correctly or because you have a bad usb cable/port

Thanks,I will look into it tomorrow.
Are there even good drivers for 8.1 yet bearing in mind I don't have a USB 3 port?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread