Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Couldn't capture screenshot. Storage may be in use."

Tip us?

mutiny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Default "Couldn't capture screenshot. Storage may be in use."

My friend's TF201 has this problem but never had it back when he had rooted stock (.28, I believe). We decided to unlock, did nvflash, flashed TWRP, and then flashed EOS #43 with no problems. But suddenly we can't write to his internal storage whether it's by moving files or creating a folder. We tried deleting the sample photos in the pictures folder that Asus put there and we can't seem to delete them. When we tried taking a screenshot, the error in the title appears. It seems to me like something is blocking us from writing to the internal storage because it's "in use"... whatever that means.

I've tried Googling this topic and it's mentioned in a few forums but no one has a solid solution. The very few times it's been mentioned, people talk about relocking the device and then unlocking again. As far as I know we can't relock out TF201s.

Has anyone had this problem before? Or does anyone have any idea what this is all about and how we can fix this?

TIA!
--Sean

T-Mo Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB (+64GB Class 10) / US WiFi Xoom 32GB (+32GB Class 10) / US Transformer Prime 64GB (+64GB Class 10) BRICKED!

mutiny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Problem solved! The /data partition was broken so we had to do a complete full wipe. Thanks to everyone in #asus-transformer for the help!
--Sean

T-Mo Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB (+64GB Class 10) / US WiFi Xoom 32GB (+32GB Class 10) / US Transformer Prime 64GB (+64GB Class 10) BRICKED!
The Following User Says Thank You to mutiny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antirim
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have found a solution. You have to format the /sdcard inside recovery. I also formatted the external sdcard, but I don't think that was the problem. I hope this helps.

dero247
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default screen shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutiny View Post
Problem solved! The /data partition was broken so we had to do a complete full wipe. Thanks to everyone in #asus-transformer for the help!
hello Sean, am facing the same problem, am having a HTC desire s . how did u do a complete full wipe

mutiny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dero247 View Post
hello Sean, am facing the same problem, am having a HTC desire s . how did u do a complete full wipe
I'm sorry. My TF201 has been bricked for a long time now and I don't recall what we did to fix my friend's TF201.
--Sean