Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] CSC , root, and rom question

OP maecillo1

8th June 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Hi all, I recently bought a galaxy note 3 N9005 from Hong Kong, the 16gb version, I travel a lot so I thought since I was staying here for a week I'd buy a region lock free note 3, so I had some questions about the root process and the CSC(region firmware)

1. is rooting in this version the same as any other?(I know rooting triggers the knox counter)
2. can I change the CSC to get updates from at&t, or other region?
3. How(if possible) do I make the magic of changing the CSC happen?(if you grant me step-by-step guide I'll give you free kudos )
4. If I change the CSC will I get official firmware(ROM) from the new CSC, even after a fully unroot?
5. Is there anything I need to know for this process and if there is would you give me that precious information in exchange for a cookie?
8th June 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096

2,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maecillo1

Hi all, I recently bought a galaxy note 3 N9005 from Hong Kong, the 16gb version, I travel a lot so I thought since I was staying here for a week I'd buy a region lock free note 3, so I had some questions about the root process and the CSC(region firmware)

1. is rooting in this version the same as any other?(I know rooting triggers the knox counter)
2. can I change the CSC to get updates from at&t, or other region?
3. How(if possible) do I make the magic of changing the CSC happen?(if you grant me step-by-step guide I'll give you free kudos )
4. If I change the CSC will I get official firmware(ROM) from the new CSC, even after a fully unroot?
5. Is there anything I need to know for this process and if there is would you give me that precious information in exchange for a cookie?

16gb has different partition.
U can't use 32gb rom on it AFAIK.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
csc, n9005, note 3, region code, root
Previous Thread Next Thread