Advance replacement safe?

OP muneebrocks

12th June 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 40

359 posts
More
Basically I have a purple tint in my camera I am thinking of going for advance replacement but can HTC be trusted with a credit card hold or will they after recieving my phone which is in mint condition cry about some extremely minor flaw and say they wont remove the hold and charge me the amount of the new phone? Will I be stuck buying a new phone or is the advance replacement system nice and friendly?
PS my phone is bootloader unlocked from htc dev still s-on will that be a problem. I will obviously relock it and stock everything before returning it
Or should I s-off and then lock bootloader through other means so it shows bootloader locked not relocked?
Thank you for your help
12th June 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,159

3,014 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneebrocks

Basically I have a purple tint in my camera I am thinking of going for advance replacement but can HTC be trusted with a credit card hold or will they after recieving my phone which is in mint condition cry about some extremely minor flaw and say they wont remove the hold and charge me the amount of the new phone? Will I be stuck buying a new phone or is the advance replacement system nice and friendly?
PS my phone is bootloader unlocked from htc dev still s-on will that be a problem. I will obviously relock it and stock everything before returning it
Or should I s-off and then lock bootloader through other means so it shows bootloader locked not relocked?
Thank you for your help

phone must be 100% stock for warranty, stock rom, recovery.... locked bootloader not relocked.
12th June 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 40

359 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

phone must be 100% stock for warranty, stock rom, recovery.... locked bootloader not relocked.

so should I s-off and then remove the lock bootloader sign. Will they be able to tell my bootloader was unlocked then?
Or is making the phone s-off asking for trouble?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread