Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help me identify this!

Tip us?

SevenBeard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Exclamation Help me identify this!

Well, i got this MP5, to which i would love to install and play other games, (besides the original one):
  • CPU: Action Chip ATJ2259C (zd92kbb cbc)
    Board ID: MP680A/B ver1.0
    Flash: Powerflash asu1ga30ht-g25ca
    RAM: etrontech em639165ts-6g
    LCD: FPC4304006 (4.3-inch display screen )
    CAM: RA357DG
    Firmware: int_us225a_121203a
    VID & PID: VID_10D6&PID_1101

You can watch a video of it here:

w.w.w.youtube.com/watch?v=q7h_x5kPl6Q

My goal is to be able to run/play some additional games, besides that one which comes with this chinese MP5 player. All games placed in the SD card, do not work at all.

Notes:
The device is working and it comes with a game called "Auto X.gba", which was made by JungleTac.
Besides that game and after placing other .gba games in the SD card, they aren't being recognized...nothing happens when i execute them.
Do note that i've tried other kind of platform games like .nes and the same thing happens...meaning, nothing.

Anyway, figuring out a compatible and flashable firmware for this device would be a huge step forward (i've got the feeling that this firmware is locked, hence no other games work with it).

So, can ANYONE help me out with this?

Thank you for your help
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SevenBeard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simoCi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem

Got the same problem! I tried to install games in differrent folders but it still doesn't work. Searched everywhere on the web but haven't found any answer... If you solve the problem please post the solution here.

Nobody else have any idea?

bruno.stargate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have the same problem too

SevenBeard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Up

adaway
Old
Thanks Meter 2
same gadget, same problem here,

I've found many reseller of similar gadget, but nothing about firmware download/update.

Here http://mm-mpxteam.net/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=57 there seem to be some information about the CPU / firmware tool... but nothing that seem to be really easy to use.

b0taSs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 +1 with the same issue

As luis0leal said: could we change the firmware of this device?

Hacking the firmware is also a option.

I'll accept any idea since the original firmware is terrible and update are nowhere to be found.

There are some china PSP knockoffs with a very similar firmware, if you want I can post some links.

If no one is willing to try and make something out of this firmware or a potential replacement one, at least, share the knowlegde and steps necessary to make/edit a new/existent firmware. Thank You.

Another semi-relevant information: there's a MP3 open-source custom firmware RockBox (which unfortunately doesn't support this nameless device), but the solution for our issue could be something like this, please google about this.

@SevenBeard I've tried many ways to get gba games running but none seems to work.
Also the PSP knockoff process to add the games doesn't work.