Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 39,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Offical Omate Desk Stand

Tip us?

fg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Offical Omate Desk Stand

Not Really, but it's a good match and fit.

Maybe I should kickstart these? Or maybe license them to LLP? Standard weighted desktop tape dispenser turned around. Watch band slides around the spool and everything holds up nicely. Easy insertion and removal. When not in use, the cradle sits nicely on top. I need to order some more right angle usb cables for a better fit and to reduce stress on the port.

This is probably from staples. I'd imagine any other tape dispenser would work nicely as tape rolls are pretty standard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140602_143106.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	2777218  
The Following User Says Thank You to fg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeremy.chan
Old
Thanks Meter 31
brilliant idea!

death_entry
Old
Thanks Meter 25
How do you work the buttons when it's in the case? Have you drilled some holes?
LG G2 32GB KitKat
Omate TrueSmart Watch 8GB EU JellyBean

fg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_entry View Post
How do you work the buttons when it's in the case? Have you drilled some holes?
In my current setup, I only use the physical buttons for the power button and to lock the screen. Instead I use ultimate nav bar for accessing all the functions on-screen, and have disabled screen off when charging in the developers settings.

Somewhere I have an extra Qi wireless charging pad which I should try to attach either to the Omate Directly or to the Cradle

death_entry
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by fg View Post
In my current setup, I only use the physical buttons for the power button and to lock the screen. Instead I use ultimate nav bar for accessing all the functions on-screen, and have disabled screen off when charging in the developers settings.

Somewhere I have an extra Qi wireless charging pad which I should try to attach either to the Omate Directly or to the Cradle
The watch strap is actually quite restrictive I couldn't even get it to make contact with my touchstone... perhaps a charging induction coil at the base of the cradle could be an interesting one...

Actually I meant induction charging on my last message, wireless charging the TS would be amazing though :P
LG G2 32GB KitKat
Omate TrueSmart Watch 8GB EU JellyBean