Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VWTECH?

Tip us?

Bhodi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default VWTECH?

Looking to get a maximum protection case for when I'm out on the trails. I thought I had it narrowed down to the Trident and the Poetic until I came across this one.

http://www.amazon.com/VWTECH-Shockpr...RASM1ETV7AN305

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks

DeathmonkeyGTX
Old
Thanks Meter 520
If you use airplane mode when using that case or your trail is directly under a cell tower, go for it. If not, then aluminum cases degrade the piss out of signal and rape your battery trying to find or maintain a signal, or even worse attempting to transmit on zero or one bar.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
E970 synergy CodefireX 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to DeathmonkeyGTX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faded03cobra
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi View Post
Looking to get a maximum protection case for when I'm out on the trails. I thought I had it narrowed down to the Trident and the Poetic until I came across this one.

http://www.amazon.com/VWTECH-Shockpr...RASM1ETV7AN305

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks

I was wanting to get this case just for work, but was hoping someone would review it here first.

aer0zer0
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by faded03cobra View Post
I was wanting to get this case just for work, but was hoping someone would review it here first.
i had a similar case on my iphone 4, it was made my lunatik. its a direct rip on the taktik series, but im glad that they had enough sense to bring it to multiple devices. i ordered one from ebay, ill have it next week (slow boat from hong kong). i can review it for you then
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.
The Following User Says Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bhodi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathmonkeyGTX View Post
If you use airplane mode when using that case or your trail is directly under a cell tower, go for it. If not, then aluminum cases degrade the piss out of signal and rape your battery trying to find or maintain a signal, or even worse attempting to transmit on zero or one bar.

Thanks, this was the type of information I was looking for.

joshua54
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
If u notice this is the love mei case just being sold under a different name . I have ordered one off eBay and hopefully will have it also next week

Jooosty
Old
Thanks Meter 93
I have one ordered by the name of Love MEI. Same case with different name. Looks solid.

HTC M8
HTC ULTIMEIGHT!

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 28
The Love Mei case(s) are just too bulky for my liking. There is just no need for that.
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to vulcanvillalta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshua54
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Not to worried about bulk , I'm out and about in nature a lot and would really enjoy not having to worry as much about my brand new phone. Especially since I don't have any insurance for it!

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua54 View Post
Not to worried about bulk , I'm out and about in nature a lot and would really enjoy not having to worry as much about my brand new phone. Especially since I don't have any insurance for it!

I can appreciate that. I have an otterbox commuter, and it has provided protection very well, and it isnt too bulky.
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.