Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 47,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Multi Boot Menu for Xperia Z1 Compact

Tip us?

munjeni
Old
(Last edited by munjeni; 10th June 2014 at 06:29 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 15816
Default Multi Boot Menu for Xperia Z1 Compact

Multiboot for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

How its look -> http://i58.tinypic.com/35346bt.png

Quote:
  • How to install boot menu
    • download bootmenu_amami.rar, extract folder "bootmenu" to the your internal storage
    • put boot.img or kernel.elf to the mainrom folder, make sure thats the same kernel like your primary rom (aka main rom)
    • download bootmenu.img from attachment, flash bootmenu.img using fastboot commnd: fastboot flash boot bootmenu.img
Quote:
  • Since your bootmenu folder no contain settings.ini (you runing bootmenu at a first time), settings.ini will be created easily. You need to complete main step aka main rom creation:
    • (mainrom creation)
      • reboot into bootmenu, chose "patch rom package", navigate to the bootmenu folder on your internal storage, navigate to the mainrom folder, select mainrom.zip package (make sure boot.img or kernel.elf is the same like your current main rom kernel, and make sure boot.img is in folder mainrom), select mainrom.zip and click "yes". Main rom will be added into boot menu entry. Now reboot again into boot menu and you will see new menuentry, chose these menu to boot into your primary rom!
    • (other roms creation - you can do only if you completed main rom step)
      • reboot into bootmenu, chose "patch rom package", principe is a bit diferent than main rom step (we have 3 steps):
        • (step 1): make sure seccond rom package is on your external storage ...see this post -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=45
        • (step 2): chose rom zip you want to patch, patch them
        • (step 3): reboot again into boot menu (new rom entry will be displayed), select these rom to boot, on led blinking press to boot into cwm, now you are in cwm of these rom, now navigate to the same folder where is your package, you will find zip with appended name "patched.zip", chose these patched zip to install trought these recovery, you are done!
Quote:
  • WARNING:
    there is possibility for your partitions of the main rom to get overwriten if multiboot.sh fail to patch these rom you going to patch, just to let you know! Two click solution is in testing stage so there is probably a lot of bugs! I am not responsible if you lost your private data! So guys if you willing to help, I am waiting. Things need to be improved in multiboot.sh !
Quote:
  • Public License for BOOTMENU and for my Auxiliary Work
    You can Distribute my source without my Permissions. Distribution should include my XDA name 'munjeni' and Link to this 'BOOTMENU' thread in your Credits sections/About sections and Properly Visible to Human Eyes. If you use our source and have them modified, you need to make them public to everyone!!! If you not propertly use my source and you not give proper credit, and you not share your modified source code which is based on my source code, I will find you and I will report your post!
Attached Files
File Type: img bootmenu.img - [Click for QR Code] (10.05 MB, 92 views)
File Type: zip bootmenu_amami.zip - [Click for QR Code] (14.80 MB, 88 views)
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OmarEinea
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1615
No doubt, I'm really interested in multi boot,
I have tried it on my XU and it was awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to OmarEinea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

funiewski
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni View Post
Hallo, just to reserve our thread for something that you will like for sure! I have plan to port my old project to our device, more info you can see here -> http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-preview-form/

First thing - I will port them, thats for sure! Next thing - will try to integrate all things into boot menu (look into tutorial thread to see how it working) to make all things easy to all as possible, first of all I need to get more free time! Soon when I get one free day I will give you beta version! By now whant to see your opinions! Do you have interest in multiboot??? Let me know first!
I'm flashoholic,like to test everything, multiboot sounds nice

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
hit thanks button if i helped you

thesofty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Would this for example allow to have stock and cm11 both installed and easily switch between those 2? If yes then im totally up for it

munjeni
Old
Thanks Meter 15816
Progress... Boot menu beta done, having problem with kexec, seems kexec not working. Will try with stock kernel since cm kernel probably have no working kexec.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

munjeni
Old
Thanks Meter 15816
Beta 1 is out! By now I have included 2 multiboot things, cwm and stock kitkat, will give you more (cm11...etc) when I get more free time! Enjoy!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2332
Quote:
Beta 1 is out! By now I have included 2 multiboot things, cwm and stock kitkat, will give you more (cm11...etc) when I get more free time! Enjoy!
Can you not disable CABL and enable taptowake as any and all searching shows them to be kernel related?

munjeni
Old
(Last edited by munjeni; 13th April 2014 at 10:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15816
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD View Post
Can you not disable CABL and enable taptowake as any and all searching shows them to be kernel related?
I'm sorry but I do not know what you're talking about! Plese be more clear!

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2332
Quote:
What? Plese be more clear
tap2wake
CABL