Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restore TWRP Backup How?

Tip us?

daldude786
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Restore TWRP Backup How?

How do you do a restore of a TWRP Backup of a ROM or the original Asus JB OS? I tried to restore the backup I did before flashing the CROMi-X ROM. When I try to do a restore in TWRP and goto the Micro SD Memory card I have the backup on it does not show any files. Do you have to use the same version of TWRP that you backed up in order to restore or can you use the same version or higher?

Thanks

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 783
TWRP can only read fat32. Are you sure your microSD is formatted correctly?
Unless the TWRP version you used to make the nandroid and your current one are miles apart, it should work. Hard to tell since you didn't post any versions.

daldude786
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I have TWRP 2.6.3 and it is able to read the memory card and see the Flash ZIP file. I used TWRP 2.6.1 to back up The Asus Stock ROM before flashing the custom ROM. When TWRP does a backup does it backup the Data and how my screens are set up or only the operating system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
TWRP can only read fat32. Are you sure your microSD is formatted correctly?
Unless the TWRP version you used to make the nandroid and your current one are miles apart, it should work. Hard to tell since you didn't post any versions.

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by daldude786 View Post
I have TWRP 2.6.3 and it is able to read the memory card and see the Flash ZIP file. I used TWRP 2.6.1 to back up The Asus Stock ROM before flashing the custom ROM. When TWRP does a backup does it backup the Data and how my screens are set up or only the operating system?
It depends what options you checked when you made the nandroid. If you left the default selection, TWRP backed up both system and data.
If TWRP can read your microSD, what's your problem? I don't understand - since you wrote earlier that TWRP doesn't see any files??
2.6.3 and 2.6.1 are compatible. You shouldn't have a problem restoring the nandroid.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

daldude786
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Let me Rephrase that I meant when I do a restore funtion it does not see any files but if I do a Flah funtion or use the file manager it does see files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
It depends what options you checked when you made the nandroid. If you left the default selection, TWRP backed up both system and data.
If TWRP can read your microSD, what's your problem? I don't understand - since you wrote earlier that TWRP doesn't see any files??
2.6.3 and 2.6.1 are compatible. You shouldn't have a problem restoring the nandroid.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by daldude786 View Post
Let me Rephrase that I meant when I do a restore funtion it does not see any files but if I do a Flah funtion or use the file manager it does see files.

Did you manually copy the nandroid to the card?
It has to be nested exactly like TWRP created the folder or TWRP will not recognize it.
Something like TWRP/Backups/your-serial-number/date of backup/

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Tags
restore twrp backup how?