Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Restore TWRP Backup How?

OP daldude786

9th June 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
How do you do a restore of a TWRP Backup of a ROM or the original Asus JB OS? I tried to restore the backup I did before flashing the CROMi-X ROM. When I try to do a restore in TWRP and goto the Micro SD Memory card I have the backup on it does not show any files. Do you have to use the same version of TWRP that you backed up in order to restore or can you use the same version or higher?


Thanks
11th June 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #2  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 997
 
3,009 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
TWRP can only read fat32. Are you sure your microSD is formatted correctly?
Unless the TWRP version you used to make the nandroid and your current one are miles apart, it should work. Hard to tell since you didn't post any versions.
11th June 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I have TWRP 2.6.3 and it is able to read the memory card and see the Flash ZIP file. I used TWRP 2.6.1 to back up The Asus Stock ROM before flashing the custom ROM. When TWRP does a backup does it backup the Data and how my screens are set up or only the operating system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

TWRP can only read fat32. Are you sure your microSD is formatted correctly?
Unless the TWRP version you used to make the nandroid and your current one are miles apart, it should work. Hard to tell since you didn't post any versions.

11th June 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #4  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 997
 
3,009 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daldude786

I have TWRP 2.6.3 and it is able to read the memory card and see the Flash ZIP file. I used TWRP 2.6.1 to back up The Asus Stock ROM before flashing the custom ROM. When TWRP does a backup does it backup the Data and how my screens are set up or only the operating system?

It depends what options you checked when you made the nandroid. If you left the default selection, TWRP backed up both system and data.
If TWRP can read your microSD, what's your problem? I don't understand - since you wrote earlier that TWRP doesn't see any files??
2.6.3 and 2.6.1 are compatible. You shouldn't have a problem restoring the nandroid.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Let me Rephrase that I meant when I do a restore funtion it does not see any files but if I do a Flah funtion or use the file manager it does see files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

It depends what options you checked when you made the nandroid. If you left the default selection, TWRP backed up both system and data.
If TWRP can read your microSD, what's your problem? I don't understand - since you wrote earlier that TWRP doesn't see any files??
2.6.3 and 2.6.1 are compatible. You shouldn't have a problem restoring the nandroid.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

12th June 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #6  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 997
 
3,009 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daldude786

Let me Rephrase that I meant when I do a restore funtion it does not see any files but if I do a Flah funtion or use the file manager it does see files.


Did you manually copy the nandroid to the card?
It has to be nested exactly like TWRP created the folder or TWRP will not recognize it.
Something like TWRP/Backups/your-serial-number/date of backup/

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
restore twrp backup how?
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes