FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Root method 4.4.2?

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By DJ0224, Junior Member on 9th June 2014, 04:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi i was just wondering if there has been a root method for the 4.4.2 OTA update. I updated a few weeks back and have been dying for root access.
The baseband version is N900VVRUCNC4.

Thanks in advance!
 
 
9th June 2014, 05:39 AM |#2  
droidstyle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,499
 
Donate to Me
More
Notta
9th June 2014, 05:46 AM |#3  
bodhisattvah's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Like I said. Oughta sticky one of these so there aren't 8 million threads asking the same question.
9th June 2014, 07:20 PM |#4  
NattyBee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

Notta

Think there's any possibility we'll get it? I would hate to have to sell this device and move on
9th June 2014, 08:29 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Im sure there will be in time?
The Following User Says Thank You to MSI1SuPeRmAn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 10:33 PM |#6  
Merckle's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Would we be able to downgrade thru Odin and then root and then flash rooted version of 4.4.2?
The Following User Says Thank You to Merckle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 10:40 PM |#7  
NattyBee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSI1SuPeRmAn

Im sure there will be in time?

I hope so. I really should have rooted earlier lol
10th June 2014, 12:11 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckle

Would we be able to downgrade thru Odin and then root and then flash rooted version of 4.4.2?

Not at this point in time.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 01:19 AM |#9  
droidstyle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,499
 
Donate to Me
More
Doubt it...most of the devs that might be capable moved on from Verizon and really do not care. The reason being soon as a exploit is found and released it then is patched by the next update. It's a cat and mouse game not worth playing. There are methods out there that allow you have rooted 4.4.2, The sticky at the top of this section explains it all. "Never Accept OTA Updates".
10th June 2014, 03:58 AM |#10  
waco2hot33's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 167
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

Doubt it...most of the devs that might be capable moved on from Verizon and really do not care. The reason being soon as a exploit is found and released it then is patched by the next update. It's a cat and mouse game not worth playing. There are methods out there that allow you have rooted 4.4.2, The sticky at the top of this section explains it all. "Never Accept OTA Updates".

I found this out there do you think this might work for root access....
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/root-galaxy...covery-1435188

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 09:00 AM |#11  
Hulk0069's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waco2hot33

I found this out there do you think this might work for root access....
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/root-galaxy...covery-1435188

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Good fine hopefully it does but be careful don't know if it matters or not but it does trip knox and it says sm-900 so if you can afford to go for then go.let us know what happens.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes