Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best DSP manager settings!

Tip us?

VeryCoolAlan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Default Best DSP manager settings!

Hi, after many months and Power Amping I decided to stop PA and use UberMusic with DSP!

Now if you don't know what DSP manager is, well it is an application used to enhance music experience!

It has 5 options.

-Dynamic Range Compression
(Compresses loud sounds and amplifies quieter sounds for a "balance")

-Bass Boost
(Amplifies Bass sounds (bass guitar, "thumps" lower sounds))

-Equalizer
(Changes the sounds or levels of a song more on this later)

-Loudness Compensation
(Makes the track or sound louder leading to possible distortion)

-Virtual Room 3D effect
(Mimics a "3D" effect (think toy microphone))

Okay so you might be saying. "It depends on what people like" or "These settings are not optimal"

Well not exactly.
I have researched all functions and have become a noobie Audiophile.

These settings aren't my "this sounds good" setting. These are chosen according on how music and headphones work.

These settings work on almost all kinds of songs! Headphones don't matter either it will enhance the headphones!

Now for the settings.

For the first DYNAMIC RANGE COMPRESSION: You want to turn this completely off. And I'll explain why.

This makes the sounds leveled but amplifies or makes the track louder which leads to distortion at high levels. And one REALLY IMPORTANT REASON. Unless you have a 80's or 90's or lower song that is NOT mastered (updated) then this option is bad. All modern songs are already really compressed and most people agree.

Bass Boost:
Leave it at Slight or Medium.
some headphones have little bass and some have a lot.

Equalizer

You want to male them look like stair steps going from left to right.

Loudness compensation:
It is like Dynamic range compression but doesn't change sounds or levels them it just makes it louder...I use Voodoo Sound so its not needed but if you have an HTC or Motorola phone then set it to weak or strong to prevent distortion.

Headphone Virtual Room effect.
This option tries to make the song feel surround soundy, but it just doesn't work for most. It takes some sounds and covers them as all it does it just produce an echo effect so off.

Give feedback!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeryCoolAlan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

benn_seiei
Old
Thanks Meter 4
you're right, when i switch off dynamic range, any disturbance noise wouldn't come out even i turn on bass boost,
thank a lot for advice

BlinqDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Tried viper4android?