Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

SystemUI & Sense

OP vicino

9th June 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #1  
vicino's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 6,146
 
10
2,444 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Hello everyone,

I'm still newbie with HTC-Sense, Usually all my themes/mods are build from pure android.

But in HTC, Whatever changes i did in SystemUI and after successfully flash the modified one using flashable zip, Nothing is actually changed!

What i know is SystemUI.apk in Vanilla Android goes under System folder and in Sense under Priv-app folder.

So my question is, is there are another Sense-SysytemUI related hiding somewhere? Or i need a special/extra permission in updater-script?


Thanks guys,
9th June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #2  
SmiLey497's Avatar
Senior Member
SF, CA - NYC
Thanks Meter: 357
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicino

Hello everyone,

I'm still newbie with HTC-Sense, Usually all my themes/mods are build from pure android.

But in HTC, Whatever changes i did in SystemUI and after successfully flash the modified one using flashable zip, Nothing is actually changed!

What i know is SystemUI.apk in Vanilla Android goes under System folder and in Sense under Priv-app folder.

So my question is, is there are another Sense-SysytemUI related hiding somewhere? Or i need a special/extra permission in updater-script?


Thanks guys,

Stock Android and HTC Sense SystemUI.apk are both located in /system/priv-app
10th June 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #3  
vicino's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 6,146
 
10
2,444 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmiLey497

Stock Android and HTC Sense SystemUI.apk are both located in /system/priv-app

Usually SystemUI goes under system\app in Vanilla Android, but still this is not what i was asking about.
10th June 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #4  
SmiLey497's Avatar
Senior Member
SF, CA - NYC
Thanks Meter: 357
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicino

Usually SystemUI goes under system\app in Vanilla Android, but still this is not what i was asking about.

Hasn't been that way since KitKat
10th June 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #5  
dsmpampis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178
 
727 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Hey @vicino to be honest I don't know about your issue but when you have ready your theme can you plz inform us.

Thanks in advance.

Tapatalked with my "refrigerator look" HTC one M8
11th June 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #6  
vicino's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 6,146
 
10
2,444 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmpampis

Hey @vicino to be honest I don't know about your issue but when you have ready your theme can you plz inform us.

Thanks in advance.

Tapatalked with my "refrigerator look" HTC one M8

Hey there, yeah i want to:
1.Build a different "recent apps window".
2.Deep HTC theming "Still can't find most of the part like switches / dialer numbers"
18th June 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #7  
CNexus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag /home/cnexus/android
Thanks Meter: 13,734
 
9,057 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicino

Hey there, yeah i want to:
1.Build a different "recent apps window".
2.Deep HTC theming "Still can't find most of the part like switches / dialer numbers"

You should check out this thread if you haven't already: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2697205
18th June 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,847
 
14,379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
I believe recent apps is part of the sense launcher, maybe you find more luck in the prism.apk !

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes