Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone is rooted + running ROM, but system says unrooted

Tip us?

fauning
Old
(Last edited by fauning; 9th June 2014 at 08:59 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone is rooted + running ROM, but system says unrooted

If this is in the wrong place for posting, please feel free to let me know.

A few months ago I tried to root and put a ROM onto my Galaxy S2 but I suppose something must have gone wrong. I'm not used to rooting, especially since the phone I had before this one was an Evo and much easier to root. Regardless, my phone is a Virgin Mobile phone, but I was assured that the Sprint ROM I am currently running would work on my phone. I flashed it and it booted fine and has actually worked pretty well ever since.
My only problem is that when using a root checker, I notice my phone shows up as unrooted. I have no idea where I should go from here. If I should treat it as a truly unrooted phone and try to re-do everything, or try to flash a different ROM made specifically for my phone. I'd rather not take a chance on bricking my phone and thought I would ask for some opinions and hopefully get guided in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry if anything I typed here is unclear. It's a pretty weird thing to try and explain.
(I have actually made a similar thread back in March, but got no responses. Not sure if it's still okay for me to go ahead and make a new thread for this.)

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Before we do anything; sticker on phone chassis under the battery - what model ?
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

fauning
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Before we do anything; sticker on phone chassis under the battery - what model ?
I apologize that it took me this long to reply, I have a hectic work schedule. Thanks for responding.

The model number listed is SPH-D710.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
No probs. I had an inkling you might be in the wrong forum hence I asked for confirmation of which S2 variant you have. US variants have their own fora, so your thread belongs here, you're more likely to get accurate/specific help in the right place.

I've asked mods to move your thread, sit tight until they do.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fauning
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
No probs. I had an inkling you might be in the wrong forum hence I asked for confirmation of which S2 variant you have. US variants have their own fora, so your thread belongs here, you're more likely to get accurate/specific help in the right place.

I've asked mods to move your thread, sit tight until they do.
I must have completely skipped over it, thanks. Hopefully someone there can help. I'm hoping to sell this phone soon and don't want it to give the new owner issues.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fauning
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, darn. I'll still check back on this thread but so far I'm still pretty lost, even after numerous searches online.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app