Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Strange Notification issue with Facebook messenger.

Tip us?
 
MrIngenieur
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 30
Join Date: May 2014
Default Strange Notification issue with Facebook messenger.

Hi!
My gear fit has some problems with notifications on Facebook messenger. If i receive a new message, the watch doesn't vibrate and screen stays off.
If i look in the notifications menu on the watch, the facebook messenger icon appears and i can See the notification. So the watch receives the notification but doesnt alert me..
All other App-Notifications and alerts work perfectly.

Anyone with the same issue?
Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.3 latest update
Gear fit with NE5 Firmware and Gear Fit Manager 1.67

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
reddxx
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIngenieur View Post
Hi!
My gear fit has some problems with notifications on Facebook messenger. If i receive a new message, the watch doesn't vibrate and screen stays off.
If i look in the notifications menu on the watch, the facebook messenger icon appears and i can See the notification. So the watch receives the notification but doesnt alert me..
All other App-Notifications and alerts work perfectly.

Anyone with the same issue?
Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.3 latest update
Gear fit with NE5 Firmware and Gear Fit Manager 1.67

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
i hace same problem but with whatsupp notifications ,Facebook works ok.
I have RX350XXU0BNE5 versión on gear fit. it's updated last week, before update worked fine

Please help!!
 
hunterofshadows
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIngenieur View Post
Hi!
My gear fit has some problems with notifications on Facebook messenger. If i receive a new message, the watch doesn't vibrate and screen stays off.
If i look in the notifications menu on the watch, the facebook messenger icon appears and i can See the notification. So the watch receives the notification but doesnt alert me..
All other App-Notifications and alerts work perfectly.

Anyone with the same issue?
Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.3 latest update
Gear fit with NE5 Firmware and Gear Fit Manager 1.67

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
I have the same problem, but i think that is because the bubbles are open, if i close the bubbles from messenger app, the notifications work
 
skraam
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 167
Join Date: Jul 2010
For me the same happens with whattsapp. I`m still lookimg for solution. This is the only app that doesnt work.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Samsung Galaxy Nexus + ParanoidAndroid 4.4.2 Kitkat
Samsung Galaxy Note3 + AndroidNow 4.4.2 Kitkat
 
reddxx
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by skraam View Post
For me the same happens with whattsapp. I`m still lookimg for solution. This is the only app that doesnt work.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
After tried almos everything i've found solution for whatsupp notifications:

You have to set vibrate instead of "default" to "short" inside whatsup, this makes gear fit vibrate when it get notification and the mobile vibrates as well correctly. If set as mine in silent mode it doesn't vibrate but gearfit does as it should be

Maybe facebook messenger app have this kind of settings to override android general notifications system.

(Sorry for my cherokeesh english, it's not my mother tonge as you can see)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reddxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bingley
Old
#6  
Bingley's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 535
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Netherfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddxx View Post
After tried almos everything i've found solution for whatsupp notifications:

You have to set vibrate instead of "default" to "short" inside whatsup, this makes gear fit vibrate when it get notification and the mobile vibrates as well correctly. If set as mine in silent mode it doesn't vibrate but gearfit does as it should be

Maybe facebook messenger app have this kind of settings to override android general notifications system.

(Sorry for my cherokeesh english, it's not my mother tonge as you can see)
This drives me crazy...both whatsapp and Facebook messenger disregard device notification setup (silent, vibrate) and you have to change them in app manually every time for each app. This it so stupid, how can they be made to follow the current device notification profile?
Phone: Samsung S4 GT-I9505
Tablet: Lenovo S5000-H
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more