Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] reset pin...plz help

Tip us?

vijay.alapati
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy [Q] reset pin...plz help

hi, brought the used gear fit from gumtree, was using it for few hours, later when exploring i somehow got into pin lock screen and got struck, can someone help me to reset, done the reset by pressing and holding power button for 7 seconds still its asking me the pin, feeling like i'm lost

some on please help me , thx in advance

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.alapati View Post
hi, brought the used gear fit from gumtree, was using it for few hours, later when exploring i somehow got into pin lock screen and got struck, can someone help me to reset, done the reset by pressing and holding power button for 7 seconds still its asking me the pin, feeling like i'm lost

some on please help me , thx in advance
Hold power for 20 seconds. It will factory reset it.

XSIVSPD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Hold power for 20 seconds. It will factory reset it.

Hi i also have this problem after letting someone borrow it they put a pin on it that they cant remember... holding the power button for 20 seconds deffinately DOES NOT work though. Ive even tried flashing new firmware via odin and had no luck. waiting on samsung to get back to me, but from previous responces i dont beleive that they will be any help :-/ any help here would be greatly appreciated

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSIVSPD View Post
Hi i also have this problem after letting someone borrow it they put a pin on it that they cant remember... holding the power button for 20 seconds deffinately DOES NOT work though. Ive even tried flashing new firmware via odin and had no luck. waiting on samsung to get back to me, but from previous responces i dont beleive that they will be any help :-/ any help here would be greatly appreciated
They changed the combo to reset it in the newer versions. I don't know what it is though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

frenziedfemale
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can you try connecting it to a different device? This will reset it if you can do it.
Tags
fit, gear, pin, reset