[KERNEL][SPR][TW-AOSP 4.4,5.0,5.1][05/02/2015] KT-SGS5 - OB1 - KTweaker

Search This thread

whbisondtr

Jun 20, 2012
Did not mean to offend anyone. I fully understand the life does have it's priorities. I was just asking, so IF anyone would possible know about it.
Can say, I already had the last on, (believe dated sometime, in may '15) prior to asking. I am on a Stock rooted OK4. (can say, it does have some mods to it, still has Knox and the security patches from Samsung.) However, I have the weird error. I have never even seen it before (coming from 3yrs with S3, now this S5)
The Error states " Security Notice Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes"... at the bottom of notice, it reads "cancel" and "Restart" ....
Now if I press "Restart", is goes into my Recovery. just pressing the Cancel button, the notice goes a away for a bit. However, it DOES come back, rather annoying...yet a bit worrisome as well. Due to the fact... it is not present, Prior to the Flashing of this latest Kernel.
Hopefully, maybe someone will see this, and help guide me to a fix. If not, i guess I can live with no Fancy Kernel . (BTW, I only use "KTweaker" ....
(sorry but this person, not only puts a ton of work into his Kernels, but they are actual the most stable, as well as actually functional...too many are not, truth be told)

thanks for reading
That is an OK4 thing that sometimes happens and has been mentioned for the rom you're on. I solved it by freezing "securitylogagent.apk" (I believe it is) via link2sd and it solved it. I eventually just deleted it. If you do, do it at your own risk. As far as this kernel working on OK4, yes it does. As far as issues I cannot say, I switched roms did to other issues (which may have been this but unsure). I'm not sure if flashing this will solve that either. Hope this helps.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
That is an OK4 thing that sometimes happens and has been mentioned for the rom you're on. I solved it by freezing "securitylogagent.apk" (I believe it is) via link2sd and it solved it. I eventually just deleted it. If you do, do it at your own risk. As far as this kernel working on OK4, yes it does. As far as issues I cannot say, I switched roms did to other issues (which may have been this but unsure). I'm not sure if flashing this will solve that either. Hope this helps.

So you flashed this on the OK4 update and it boots? I get stuck at the Samsung Galaxy S5 screen. You can confirm its working for the OK4 update?

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
It worked for me yes.

Don't mean to be calling you a liar, lol, but it ain't working. Every single time I flash the kernel, it hangs on the "Samsung Galaxy S5" screen with "Set Warranty Bit : kernel" at the top in yellow(this is normal) But the device refuses to boot up.

On OG1, I had zero issues.

Can you elaborate your specific steps? Did you upgrade to OK4 via a full ODIN tar flash or?

Thanks.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Don't mean to be calling you a liar, lol, but it ain't working. Every single time I flash the kernel, it hangs on the "Samsung Galaxy S5" screen with "Set Warranty Bit : kernel" at the top in yellow(this is normal) But the device refuses to boot up.

On OG1, I had zero issues.

Can you elaborate your specific steps? Did you upgrade to OK4 via a full ODIN tar flash or?

Thanks.

For what its worth, I plan on updating the ramdisk in ktoonsez's kernel when i get home. Hopefully that fixes it.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
For what its worth, I plan on updating the ramdisk in ktoonsez's kernel when i get home. Hopefully that fixes it.
Updating ramdisk worked. Just doesn't stay "SELinux Permissive" after a boot, just gotta run the setenforce 0 command. If anyone knows what I did wrong in that aspect, please let me know :)

Reactions: Ramondel

djxn40

May 9, 2015
Did you get it working on OK4? Or has anyone had success installing this on OK4?

UPDATE: I installed kt kernel with ok4 and it's smooth... no issues so far. Definitely got rid of that TW lag !
9b566bcb5e43e2a6cc2e1649225034bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jpgranger

Mar 3, 2013
Lafayette, La.
Did you get it working on OK4? Or has anyone had success installing this on OK4?

UPDATE: I installed kt kernel with ok4 and it's smooth... no issues so far. Definitely got rid of that TW lag !
9b566bcb5e43e2a6cc2e1649225034bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
And this is Odex? Or DeOdexed? Because I am back at stock and I'm stuck on the Sprint Screen also. No dice. It won't take on Odex OK4 for me, not to mention that I can't find a flashable .zip of the stock OK4 kernel to revert back to. Bummer.

The phone is old, but it still does the job.

flim flamin

May 4, 2011
Flashed the AOSP version on CM12.1 G900P and after about 120 of 140 or so apps have completed caching, it enters an infinite bootloop for me.

autotech40

Jun 29, 2014
the links at the ktweaker shop thread are dead,can someone please link the ktonnified v4,and ktoonsified mod profiles?

Top Liked Posts