Ringer Vibrate switch

Search This thread

vmirage

Mar 3, 2005
I wrote a small piece of code to switch between vibrate and sound on. I've created the cab installer. Just follow the instruction below to install it.

1. Just install the cab.
2. Map Button 5 (Press & Hold) to 'Vibra (Switch)'.

Whala... you just got a vibrate switch just like an HTC Wizard!

To start the program in delayed mode you need to apply the /d switch. However, I've created a shortcut for the delayed mode as Vibra (Switch) Delayed. Because of this, you're forced to install the program in the main memory as I don't know how to create a shortcut with parameters in the Cab installer. Anybody care to teach me how? :)

UPDATES
v1.32 : added switch '/d' to delay 1.0 second start up
v1.31 : Fix bug where flight mode toggle was toggled even when button has been release on silent mode. Also optimized button handling to detect button release during buzzing and in between.
v1.3 : Hold the button even longer (approx another 2 second), will toggle flight mode (while retaining current normal/vibrate/silent settings).
v1.2 : Hold the button longer (approx 1 second), will set the phone to silent mode. (This only works with App button 1-6)
v1.1 : Now run with '/q' parameter to switch mode without vibrating the phone.

EDIT:
There's no more update or any changes will be made to this program as I've lost the source code.

Last edited:

pa7rb

Sep 5, 2005
www.bulk.nl
vmirage said:
I wrote a small piece of code to switch between vibrate and sound on. I've created the cab installer. Just follow the instruction below to install it.

1. Just install the cab.

Alternatively you can use AEButton Plus and map your wheel button (#0086) long press to the shortcut you just made. To map this you probably need to focus on say Shift Key first by clicking on it once. Else your wheel button will press the cancel button when trying to map the key.

one problem though, if you map to #0086, the button still clicks when you hold the button down. :(

So, you might want to map it to stick to the Button 5 instead.

I made the vibrate to sound on a 200 ms vibrate though. Slightly different from HTC Wizard.
:D

Asukal

Great Woooork!

Now i also hacked "Profiles Swtich Application" from IDO and Eten,
If you interested in them,,,you can try.
I tested on my Himalaya WM5 and Vario II and work well.

<Auto answer function of IDO Profiles was missing> :lol: :D

How about thoes???

Attachments

• ido_profiles.jpg
    ido_profiles.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,173
  • eten_sinario.jpg
    eten_sinario.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,112
  • eten_sinario_jp.jpg
    eten_sinario_jp.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,661
  • scenarios_wwe.zip
    87.8 KB · Views: 739
Aug 27, 2006
Can anyone do this?

don't you think it would be awesome if there was a way you could push a button on the today screen that scrolled through these four settings,

Silent
Silent & Vibrate
Ring
Ring & Vibrate

And it showwed you on the today screen what setting your on. I don't mean just the ringtone though, I mean all notifications. So when your out you can have it on vibrate cos its in your pocket but when ur at home it don't wobble across the table and disturb everyone without u having to change the settings for each individual alert.

I've tried the ScenariosE program and the Profiles program and they are both half way there. I notice on both of em there is a show icon option? But where does it show the Icon as to what profile u are on. and why does it only change ur ringing tone, not your messages and notifications?

I feel that if we could get this perfect we could really be onto something. I know a fair few people with WM devices that could really benefit from it.

Is there anything that does this or does anyone know enough about the hardware to make something that does this?

EDIT

just noticed whereas profiles doesn't seem to work at all on my Vario II, have found that ScenriosE does only affect the vibrate settings for the atual ringtones and if you adjust volumes using ScenariosE it only affects the notifications volume. The slider for the ringtones does nothing??? Very strange

christopherwoods

Sep 26, 2005
The NORTH
chriswoods.co.uk
Just installed the vibra switch cab and assigned to button 3 (the comms. manager, at least on the Vario 2) - works beautifully. Love the much shorter vibrate when it goes off vibra to signify it's back on ringtones again... Nice touch.

The Comms Manager button seemed like the natural choice to me, as it has a little icon of a circle with waves coming out of it, so it fit the bill quite nicely. Anyways, my Comm. Manager is bound to my right softkey, so the button was redundant anyway :D

ori_lavee

Apr 22, 2005
www.navngo.com
Asukal
This is great !

i installed the Scenarios_WWE.cab on my i-mate JasJam and its work good
but i canot see the small icon on the comand bar even after SR :cry:
why ?

ori

Aug 27, 2006
ASUKAL

"ipaq hwl69xx and 65xx has today plugin and what u want.

i am on the way to hack!"

cheers asukal u are a star. It even switches vibrate on and off for notificaions?

Keep me posted please bud

FaNtAsTiC Mr Q!

Asukal

@Scenarios>>

I fixed small Icon on the Task Tray.
See capture and reinstall new fiexed CAB.

@hw69xx>>

Sorry it seems not havaing Notifications,
Now i got hack it almost,,,including Tday Plugin.

But iPAQUti.dll which need to read device APIs are not mathc to
the Hermes.

Also tried HTCUTli.dll renamed to iPaqUtil.dll but not worked.
we must modify iPAQUtil.dll to match the Hermes, But no way now.
So i must give up.... :cry:

Attachments

• scenarios_today_fix.rar
    300 KB · Views: 236
  • scenarios_today.jpg
    scenarios_today.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 455
  • error_ipaq.jpg
    error_ipaq.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 360
Aug 27, 2006
Asukal said:
@Scenarios>>

I fixed small Icon on the Task Tray.
See capture and reinstall new fiexed CAB.

@hw69xx>>

Sorry it seems not havaing Notifications,
Now i got hack it almost,,,including Tday Plugin.

But iPAQUti.dll which need to read device APIs are not mathc to
the Hermes.

Also tried HTCUTli.dll renamed to iPaqUtil.dll but not worked.
we must modify iPAQUtil.dll to match the Hermes, But no way now.
So i must give up.... :cry:

Is there no way we can get round this? I'm dying to be able to turn off and on the vibrate function on my alerts? There must be someone out there that has seen something about this?

Aug 27, 2006
Or how about just a file that switches off power to the vibrator? Something that simple would be awesome, the phone doesn't know not to vibrate, it still trys but theres no power to the vibrator, n u can switch it on and off. Far short of modding the hardware and adding an extra switch somewhere (seems a bit ott) is there a way we can do it!

Asukal

@Scenarios>>

i have found another functions in the Scenarios,
New SMS and Miss Call Icons will be come,
And can tap to read SMS on today screen / Go to Call histry,

But above CABs are not fixed those functions and error will shown.
,.so i suggest you guys not use them.

the cabs in 1st upload is better even there was not Icon on Today.

@How about SmartFIlter? can it swtich the vibe for Notification?
pls check <but not free>

thewall

Sep 20, 2006
Can I set the phone to both ringer and vibration. I work in a factory enviroment and sometimes it's hard to hear the signal. Sorry if this has been answered before.

dborello

Mar 25, 2004
vmirage said:

1. Just install the cab.

Alternatively you can use AEButton Plus and map your wheel button (#0086) long press to the shortcut you just made. To map this you probably need to focus on say Shift Key first by clicking on it once. Else your wheel button will press the cancel button when trying to map the key.

one problem though, if you map to #0086, the button still clicks when you hold the button down. :(

So, you might want to map it to stick to the Button 5 instead.

I made the vibrate to sound on a 200 ms vibrate though. Slightly different from HTC Wizard.

-------------------------------------------------------
Good program!
It is possible to obtain the icon of the program of red or black color?
The color gray is little visible.
Thanks