Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocked bootloader razr xt 912. Bricked.

Tip us?
 
Ritwiz
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Exclamation [Q] Unlocked bootloader razr xt 912. Bricked.

hi
i have a razr xt912 with an unlocked bootloader which i have eventually bricked.
it was running GB 2.3.4 when i got it so it was of no use to me because i am not in US and the region lock was not letting me use it. I found out that when verizon upgraded to ICS and JB they locked only the the CDMA frequency and outside US it can be used on GSM band. i researched for some time and got to know that a GSM patch can be flashed to make it work and to do that i need to root it and install a custom recovery. Then following happened:
i installed droidrazrroot and rooted my phone and did a factory reset, after which i couldn't found the custom recovery app that got installed so i installed the safestrap ver. 3.73

-When i rebooted my phone it stuck with a tangled and faded screen of the safestrap and when i tried to exit it whole screen went black.

-I did lots of factory reset and what all i could think but there was no result.
-so i downloaded matts utility ver. 1.4 for restoring.
-Meanwhile i lost my battery so i made a factory cable out of a Samsung USB cable by connecting its pin 1 to pin 4 and its working.

-when i tried to restore using matts utility ver. 1.4 some error installation of "emstorge" started (it failed).

-and when i entered the recovery menu after the process completed it showed error of not able to find the partitions of "cach" "system" etc. have attached a pic.

- i also ran matts utility version 1.8 and 1.7 for some hope of getting back but nothing happened even after the whole procedure was complete.

-i again ran ver. 1.4 but it was stuck to the same thing.

When i was doing all this i noticed that my device has an unlocked bootloader.
is there anything that i can do to restore this device.??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140508_085334_076.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	2735011   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140508_085646_986.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	2735012   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140508_090041_564.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	2735013   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140508_090457_651.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	2735014  
 
Draxin
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 317
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritwiz View Post
hi
i have a razr xt912 with an unlocked bootloader which i have eventually bricked.
it was running GB 2.3.4 when i got it so it was of no use to me because i am not in US and the region lock was not letting me use it. I found out that when verizon upgraded to ICS and JB they locked only the the CDMA frequency and outside US it can be used on GSM band. i researched for some time and got to know that a GSM patch can be flashed to make it work and to do that i need to root it and install a custom recovery. Then following happened:
i installed droidrazrroot and rooted my phone and did a factory reset, after which i couldn't found the custom recovery app that got installed so i installed the safestrap ver. 3.73

-When i rebooted my phone it stuck with a tangled and faded screen of the safestrap and when i tried to exit it whole screen went black.

-I did lots of factory reset and what all i could think but there was no result.
-so i downloaded matts utility ver. 1.4 for restoring.
-Meanwhile i lost my battery so i made a factory cable out of a Samsung USB cable by connecting its pin 1 to pin 4 and its working.

-when i tried to restore using matts utility ver. 1.4 some error installation of "emstorge" started (it failed).

-and when i entered the recovery menu after the process completed it showed error of not able to find the partitions of "cach" "system" etc. have attached a pic.

- i also ran matts utility version 1.8 and 1.7 for some hope of getting back but nothing happened even after the whole procedure was complete.

-i again ran ver. 1.4 but it was stuck to the same thing.

When i was doing all this i noticed that my device has an unlocked bootloader.
is there anything that i can do to restore this device.??
I noticed when you mention the things you have tried, it is always with Matt's utility, have you tried good ole' RSD lite?
 
Ritwiz
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxin View Post
I noticed when you mention the things you have tried, it is always with Matt's utility, have you tried good ole' RSD lite?
the problem is whenever i try to download the firmware required it stops after few hundred mb's last one stopped after downloading 400 mb
Is there any other link apart from the "sbf.droid-developers.org"??
And also which version should I download
 
neo.ank
Old
#4  
neo.ank's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 516
Posts: 1,157
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritwiz View Post
the problem is whenever i try to download the firmware required it stops after few hundred mb's last one stopped after downloading 400 mb
Is there any other link apart from the "sbf.droid-developers.org"??
And also which version should I download
You need to google it.Sbf.droid has always worked for me (for more than one phone), so can't suggest another.For the version. Try JB 4.1.2. That is the last update for Razr that works.

However, since your device is BL unlocked, it got me thinking, might be a chance that you somehow changed your mount points or have deleted those partitions. There aren't many unlocked Razrs so can't say for sure.
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"


 
 
mabry
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 132
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Austin, Texas

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritwiz View Post
hi
i have a razr xt912 with an unlocked bootloader which i have eventually bricked.
it was running GB 2.3.4 when i got it so it was of no use to me because i am not in US and the region lock was not letting me use it. I found out that when verizon upgraded to ICS and JB they locked only the the CDMA frequency and outside US it can be used on GSM band. i researched for some time and got to know that a GSM patch can be flashed to make it work and to do that i need to root it and install a custom recovery. Then following happened:
i installed droidrazrroot and rooted my phone and did a factory reset, after which i couldn't found the custom recovery app that got installed so i installed the safestrap ver. 3.73

-When i rebooted my phone it stuck with a tangled and faded screen of the safestrap and when i tried to exit it whole screen went black.

-I did lots of factory reset and what all i could think but there was no result.
-so i downloaded matts utility ver. 1.4 for restoring.
-Meanwhile i lost my battery so i made a factory cable out of a Samsung USB cable by connecting its pin 1 to pin 4 and its working.

-when i tried to restore using matts utility ver. 1.4 some error installation of "emstorge" started (it failed).

-and when i entered the recovery menu after the process completed it showed error of not able to find the partitions of "cach" "system" etc. have attached a pic.

- i also ran matts utility version 1.8 and 1.7 for some hope of getting back but nothing happened even after the whole procedure was complete.

-i again ran ver. 1.4 but it was stuck to the same thing.

When i was doing all this i noticed that my device has an unlocked bootloader.
is there anything that i can do to restore this device.??
Can you PLEASE tell us how you ended up with an unlocked bootloader?
 
Ritwiz
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabry View Post
Can you PLEASE tell us how you ended up with an unlocked bootloader?
i am not sure how it happened. i have already mentioned what all i did, it might be having an unlocked bootloder from factory
 
Ritwiz
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.ank View Post
You need to google it.Sbf.droid has always worked for me (for more than one phone), so can't suggest another.For the version. Try JB 4.1.2. That is the last update for Razr that works.

However, since your device is BL unlocked, it got me thinking, might be a chance that you somehow changed your mount points or have deleted those partitions. There aren't many unlocked Razrs so can't say for sure.
is there anyway of making those partitions??
 
neo.ank
Old
#8  
neo.ank's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 516
Posts: 1,157
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritwiz View Post
is there anyway of making those partitions??
Not sure.
You need to know the devtree and exact commands for trying.
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"


 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...