Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Exclamation [Q] Unlocked bootloader razr xt 912. Bricked.

OP Ritwiz

9th May 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
hi
i have a razr xt912 with an unlocked bootloader which i have eventually bricked.
it was running GB 2.3.4 when i got it so it was of no use to me because i am not in US and the region lock was not letting me use it. I found out that when verizon upgraded to ICS and JB they locked only the the CDMA frequency and outside US it can be used on GSM band. i researched for some time and got to know that a GSM patch can be flashed to make it work and to do that i need to root it and install a custom recovery. Then following happened:
i installed droidrazrroot and rooted my phone and did a factory reset, after which i couldn't found the custom recovery app that got installed so i installed the safestrap ver. 3.73

-When i rebooted my phone it stuck with a tangled and faded screen of the safestrap and when i tried to exit it whole screen went black.

-I did lots of factory reset and what all i could think but there was no result.
-so i downloaded matts utility ver. 1.4 for restoring.
-Meanwhile i lost my battery so i made a factory cable out of a Samsung USB cable by connecting its pin 1 to pin 4 and its working.

-when i tried to restore using matts utility ver. 1.4 some error installation of "emstorge" started (it failed).

-and when i entered the recovery menu after the process completed it showed error of not able to find the partitions of "cach" "system" etc. have attached a pic.

- i also ran matts utility version 1.8 and 1.7 for some hope of getting back but nothing happened even after the whole procedure was complete.

-i again ran ver. 1.4 but it was stuck to the same thing.

When i was doing all this i noticed that my device has an unlocked bootloader.
is there anything that i can do to restore this device.??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140508_085334_076.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	2735011   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140508_085646_986.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	2735012   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140508_090041_564.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	2735013   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140508_090457_651.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	2735014  
11th May 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 99

317 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritwiz

hi
i have a razr xt912 with an unlocked bootloader which i have eventually bricked.
it was running GB 2.3.4 when i got it so it was of no use to me because i am not in US and the region lock was not letting me use it. I found out that when verizon upgraded to ICS and JB they locked only the the CDMA frequency and outside US it can be used on GSM band. i researched for some time and got to know that a GSM patch can be flashed to make it work and to do that i need to root it and install a custom recovery. Then following happened:
i installed droidrazrroot and rooted my phone and did a factory reset, after which i couldn't found the custom recovery app that got installed so i installed the safestrap ver. 3.73

-When i rebooted my phone it stuck with a tangled and faded screen of the safestrap and when i tried to exit it whole screen went black.

-I did lots of factory reset and what all i could think but there was no result.
-Meanwhile i lost my battery so i made a factory cable out of a Samsung USB cable by connecting its pin 1 to pin 4 and its working.

-when i tried to restore using matts utility ver. 1.4 some error installation of "emstorge" started (it failed).

-and when i entered the recovery menu after the process completed it showed error of not able to find the partitions of "cach" "system" etc. have attached a pic.

- i also ran matts utility version 1.8 and 1.7 for some hope of getting back but nothing happened even after the whole procedure was complete.

I noticed when you mention the things you have tried, it is always with Matt's utility, have you tried good ole' RSD lite?
12th May 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxin

I noticed when you mention the things you have tried, it is always with Matt's utility, have you tried good ole' RSD lite?

the problem is whenever i try to download the firmware required it stops after few hundred mb's last one stopped after downloading 400 mb
Is there any other link apart from the "sbf.droid-developers.org"??
And also which version should I download
16th May 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 550

1,245 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

the problem is whenever i try to download the firmware required it stops after few hundred mb's last one stopped after downloading 400 mb
Is there any other link apart from the "sbf.droid-developers.org"??
And also which version should I download

You need to google it.Sbf.droid has always worked for me (for more than one phone), so can't suggest another.For the version. Try JB 4.1.2. That is the last update for Razr that works.

However, since your device is BL unlocked, it got me thinking, might be a chance that you somehow changed your mount points or have deleted those partitions. There aren't many unlocked Razrs so can't say for sure.
31st May 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #5  
Flag Austin, Texas
Thanks Meter: 37

136 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

hi

Can you PLEASE tell us how you ended up with an unlocked bootloader?
9th June 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabry

Can you PLEASE tell us how you ended up with an unlocked bootloader?

i am not sure how it happened. i have already mentioned what all i did, it might be having an unlocked bootloder from factory
9th June 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Plug
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.ank

You need to google it.Sbf.droid has always worked for me (for more than one phone), so can't suggest another.For the version. Try JB 4.1.2. That is the last update for Razr that works.

However, since your device is BL unlocked, it got me thinking, might be a chance that you somehow changed your mount points or have deleted those partitions. There aren't many unlocked Razrs so can't say for sure.

is there anyway of making those partitions??
16th June 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 550

1,245 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

is there anyway of making those partitions??

Not sure.
You need to know the devtree and exact commands for trying.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread