Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WiFi isn't working?

Tip us?

val7x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Smile WiFi isn't working?

Hi guys i'm fairly new to this stuff I'll try to be as descriptive as possible.

I went through the process of going from: NC1 to NB1, downgrading NB1 to MK2, rooting, then using the NC1 keeproot. I have no idea if my WiFi problem has to do with the process I listed but I noticed when I connect to my network it immediately goes to disabled, when my WiFi disconnects and I go to the WiFi menu it doesn't show the list of connections around my area. I tried reading around finding my issue but didn't quite find what I needed only "fixes" I tried was un-checking the auto network switch and going to the service mode screen and turning off wifi power save mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

jmjoyas
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by val7x View Post
Hi guys i'm fairly new to this stuff I'll try to be as descriptive as possible.

I went through the process of going from: NC1 to NB1, downgrading NB1 to MK2, rooting, then using the NC1 keeproot. I have no idea if my WiFi problem has to do with the process I listed but I noticed when I connect to my network it immediately goes to disabled, when my WiFi disconnects and I go to the WiFi menu it doesn't show the list of connections around my area. I tried reading around finding my issue but didn't quite find what I needed only "fixes" I tried was un-checking the auto network switch and going to the service mode screen and turning off wifi power save mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You need to flash the NC1 kernel modules to get WiFi working.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE using Tapatalk

val7x
Old
(Last edited by val7x; 9th June 2014 at 04:21 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjoyas View Post
You need to flash the NC1 kernel modules to get WiFi working.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE using Tapatalk
If that's step 5 from method #1 on here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730144
I tried to flash it in the AP slot just now but it failed. I got this:

<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/006> Removed!!
<ID:0/006> Added!!

Edit* Plugged the usb cord in the back of the computer and was able to flash it. The WiFi is good so far, thanks

Apoplectic1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by val7x View Post
If that's step 5 from method #1 on here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730144
I tried to flash it in the AP slot just now but it failed. I got this:

<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/006> Removed!!
<ID:0/006> Added!!

Edit* Plugged the usb cord in the back of the computer and was able to flash it. The WiFi is good so far, thanks
I think I had that once, I just hit reset, switched the cable to a different USB port in my computer and tried it again and it worked.

To be honest I think using this method is better IMO, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...74&postcount=3. You go straight from MK2 to NC1, no need for the NB1 step in the middle. It's the method I ended up using.

Gage_Hero
Old
Thanks Meter 189
You didnt mention the modem your using..... if your going to NC1 rom you should go to NC1 modem also.... flash through odin pc..... just flash the modem file skip the nonhlos file (see that mess people up) make sure you read the procedure..... take off auto reboot in odin cause it doesn't allow enough time for the modem to flash.....
Telus Galaxy S4 - Stock 4.3 to
[ROM] Maple leaf iBASTiD if ya aint tried it.... you should... Go Canada... Go iBASTiD......