Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Thumbs up [Q] Need help updating HTC One m7 to 4.4 kitkat

OP Azncurtis

13th June 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
My HTC one m7 is originally att but is unlocked to T-Mobile and has Android 4.1, but I want to install the update firmware 4.4 and it downloads from Ota off of att software update app, but when I proceed and it restarts the phone the update stops around the beginning and gives me a red triangle and fails. Anyone know why this is?? Also battery is charged passed 50%, s-on, no root. Any help please?
13th June 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,294
 
3,337 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncurtis

My HTC one m7 is originally att but is unlocked to T-Mobile and has Android 4.1, but I want to install the update firmware 4.4 and it downloads from Ota off of att software update app, but when I proceed and it restarts the phone the update stops around the beginning and gives me a red triangle and fails. Anyone know why this is?? Also battery is charged passed 50%, s-on, no root. Any help please?

you need to be 100% stock to install ota updates.

see this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...76&postcount=9
13th June 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

you need to be 100% stock to install ota updates.

see this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...76&postcount=9

By 100% stock you mean 100% AT&T service and everything?
Well then how would I go about it or would I have to manually get kitkat? Really it should be easier than that... Will T-Mobile latest firmware work without root or s-off ? Or maybe Google play edition firmware Rom.
13th June 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,294
 
3,337 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncurtis

By 100% stock you mean 100% AT&T service and everything?
Well then how would I go about it or would I have to manually get kitkat? Really it should be easier than that... Will T-Mobile latest firmware work without root or s-off ? Or maybe Google play edition firmware Rom.

looks like you did not read the link I have posted above.

The ota installation abort when it detect unexpected content of either /system files or /data/preload files. every files to be patched are checked by the updater script of the ota. it must be 100% stock, otherwise your recovery will stop the installation and show you this red triangle with an exclamation mark inside. you must either restore the deleted/modified files or restore your phone to stock (i.e using a ruu).

post the output of fastbot getvar all except the imei and serialno

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncurtis

By 100% stock you mean 100% AT&T service and everything?
Well then how would I go about it or would I have to manually get kitkat? Really it should be easier than that... Will T-Mobile latest firmware work without root or s-off ? Or maybe Google play edition firmware Rom.

and please post the ota file name
Last edited by alray; 13th June 2014 at 07:58 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes