Otterbox or Ballistic Case

OP Final5k

7th October 2011, 01:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77

647 posts
More
Hi,
I would really like to get your opinions on which case I must buy for the Infuse. I've always use the Otterbox for my previous phones and now, I just saw the Ballistic HC/SG cases. After reading opinions on the web, it seems that they both offer reliable protection.

My question is : What case would you reccommend? The Otterbox Defender or the Ballistic HC/SG Case? Can you provide the reason also?

Thanks!
7th October 2011, 02:56 PM   |  #2  
NJ
Thanks Meter: 7

31 posts
More
I have the Ballistic case. It's a bit bulky and weighted, however, it's a great case. I've never used the otterbox so I can't compare the two. Basically, if you want your phone protected I'd recommend it, otherwise its a turn off because it covers up such a beautiful phone. You lose the slimness and the lightness of the phone with the case.
7th October 2011, 04:35 PM   |  #3  
Flag Windsor Locks
Thanks Meter: 22

228 posts
More
I have both and in "my opinion" the Otterbox is by far much better fit not as bulky side buttons are easier to use and built in screen protector is better.
7th October 2011, 05:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

647 posts
More
Thanks for the reply. The Ballistic has some bumps on the 4 corners which seem to protect the phone if ever it falls. 1987dram, does it feel big in the pockets? Also, is the silicone on the Ballistic loose and comes out at time - it seems there are small holes on the rubber case for the silicone to grip, but isn't that loose?

I have a Zagg shield on my screen, will it interfere with the Ballistic protection screen?
7th October 2011, 09:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Amarillo Texas
Thanks Meter: 34

350 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have both so here is my input. If you want a case that is pocket friendly Oterbox all the way. One thing I hated about the HD case is that it would stick to my pocket when I took it out and put it in. Another thing that pushed me away from the HD case is that stuff would always get inside the screen protector and I would have to clean it daily. I have never had that problem with the Otterbox. So basically if your constently droping your phone go with HD, but you almost always have to use the holster because it is NOT pocket friendly.

Edit: Forgot something.

On the HD case the little holes only get loose around the corners. The Otterbox has a ridge design that goes all around the case preventing that. You would also have to take the screen protector off your phone or the screen protector off the case or you will get water marks.

Link to the place I bought my Otterbox.

Link to the place I bought my HD case.
Last edited by Grim Reaper; 7th October 2011 at 09:39 PM.
7th October 2011, 09:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
otter box or ballistic
I also have both and I ended up selling the ballistic case. The fit and finish on the the otterbox is better the ballistic case ( the outside wrap) If you take your phone out more than 2 stretches the case. And because of the button parts I had to trim the rubber inside for the volume rocker. Just my .02 cents.
10th October 2011, 06:50 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

647 posts
More
Thanks for everyone's input! I'm going for the Otterbox since it seems to offer better protection and is more appealing to look at.
10th October 2011, 08:52 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

114 posts
not the ballistic case

it fits loosely and the buttons don't line up very well

otterbox is quality
11th October 2011, 05:45 AM   |  #9  
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 42

200 posts
I have the Ballistics case and have tried the otter box. I have the Ballistic with clip just because the phone is too big to put in my pocket. I dont know you some of you got a bad case or i just got lucky, I take my case apart to clean every weekend, I have no problems with the rubber stretching or coming out of the holes, if I want to put in pocket I can take the rubber off. The under case is plastic with no rubber, so sticking in my pocket is no problem. I know the cheaper version of the case has rubber with plastic around it but not on the corners. I dropped my infuse 10ft off ladder onto concrete, no damage to case or phone, bet you cant say that with the otter box. I use a screen protecter on my phone also, no bubble issue either. No button issues. I say Ballistics case all the way, but that my opinion.
11th October 2011, 01:27 PM   |  #10  
Flag Cabot
Thanks Meter: 226

467 posts
Donate to Me
More
The otterbox is the way to go I have had the balistic and the diffender and the defender is the way to go IMOP

samsung infuse running MIUI

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread