Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Texting problems

Tip us?

shadowdylan99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Texting problems

My one m8 is not rooted or modded in any way and I am having texting troubles. It doesn't matter what app I am in, sms texts take about two minutes to send and I sometimes receive duplicate texts from whoever I am texting. I have 4g with three bars and I dont know what the problem is. I can temporarily fix it by restarting my phone but after a couple minutes it goes back to normal. I have tried using hangouts, the htc default messaging app and verizon message and they all have the same problem.

hgoldner
Old
Thanks Meter 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdylan99 View Post
My one m8 is not rooted or modded in any way and I am having texting troubles. It doesn't matter what app I am in, sms texts take about two minutes to send and I sometimes receive duplicate texts from whoever I am texting. I have 4g with three bars and I dont know what the problem is. I can temporarily fix it by restarting my phone but after a couple minutes it goes back to normal. I have tried using hangouts, the htc default messaging app and verizon message and they all have the same problem.
Not sure whether this is the same thing, but my recipients are complaining about getting two of every text message from me. It doesn't matter whether I let Hangouts take over SMS or not. I've disabled the Verizon messaging app; I'm thinking of deleting it altogether. Wondering whether this is an artefact of the Sprint messaging app that is flashed with the extreme powersaver mode zip file.
Verizon Wireless HTC One M8 - Rooted/S-Off
Firmware/ROM: Stock 1.55.605.2
Asus Transformer TF300T - Rooted/unlocked
Firmware/ROM: 10.6.1.27.5 firmware; TWRP; CROMI-X
Nexus 7 FHD (2013) - Rooted/locked - KitKat KTU84L (v4.4.3)
Chromecast - Rooted
Firmware/ROM:: FlashCast; Eureka ROM
Retired devices: HTC Rezound; Nexus 7 (2012); HTC Droid Incredible; Arnova 10 G2