Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,417 Members 43,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where are all the roms?

Tip us?

KingOfThaJungle
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Default Where are all the roms?

Hi guys and gals,

I recently switched back from the Nexus line of phones to the Galaxy S line,which I have NOT regret at ALL, but where are all the ROMs for our S5? I am not being ungrateful to the dev's who are producing the current selections, but I am looking for ROMs such as Paranoid Android, PACman ROM, etc.... and before anyone says it, no, I am not a dev, so no, I cannot port it over or build it myself, just asking if anyone has an insight on the current status of amount of ROMs available. TIA!!!

omegajester
Old
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Check the SGS5 international threads, you'll find plenty there. They're cross compatible with your device.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omegajester For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

github
Old
Thanks Meter 180

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfThaJungle View Post
Hi guys and gals,

I recently switched back from the Nexus line of phones to the Galaxy S line,which I have NOT regret at ALL, but where are all the ROMs for our S5? I am not being ungrateful to the dev's who are producing the current selections, but I am looking for ROMs such as Paranoid Android, PACman ROM, etc.... and before anyone says it, no, I am not a dev, so no, I cannot port it over or build it myself, just asking if anyone has an insight on the current status of amount of ROMs available. TIA!!!
Almost all of those ROMs you listed are based on CyanogenMod device trees. We barely have a working CyanogenMod at this time. Check out unified development. Also as said there are plenty of stock based ROMs floating around in the G900F section which are compatible with G900T.

I expect once the S5 gets most features working properly and starts getting merged into the main CyanognenMod codebase you'll see development take off more. Right now plenty of issues to work though such as camera, media apps (YouTube) FCs, senors being flaky, etc.

Reading the threads in the unified development section is a good way to keep up-to-date, as well as Twitter and G+ of course.

Model: SM-G900T | ROM: CyanogenMod 11.0 | Firmware: BNG3 | Kernel: Stock
Proud member of the KNOX 0x1 CLUB.
Bitcoin Donations: 12m5hmCSSDxxb2kqiw1jsooNN3astnyE6a

Notice: I have no relation to the github.com website.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to github For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KingOfThaJungle
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by github View Post
Almost all of those ROMs you listed are based on CyanogenMod device trees. We barely have a working CyanogenMod at this time. Check out unified development. Also as said there are plenty of stock based ROMs floating around in the G900F section which are compatible with G900T.

I expect once the S5 gets most features working properly and starts getting merged into the main CyanognenMod codebase you'll see development take off more. Right now plenty of issues to work though such as camera, media apps (YouTube) FCs, senors being flaky, etc.

Reading the threads in the unified development section is a good way to keep up-to-date, as well as Twitter and G+ of course.
Thanks for the info!... So just to insure, only stock custom ROMs from the G900F section are currently working on our devices but not the CyanogenMod based ROMs, right?

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfThaJungle View Post
Thanks for the info!... So just to insure, only stock custom ROMs from the G900F section are currently working on our devices but not the CyanogenMod based ROMs, right?
Not sure what you mean by "stock custom ROMS". Anything in the international section that is compatible with the G900F (almost all of them) are compatible with our phone. Every single one except the ones that are made for the G900H, the exynos model.