FORUMS

E-mail

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By muddychief, Member on 25th April 2014, 01:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
In using outlook. Com for e-mail but I would like more than just a notification in the gear. What do you guys use? I am not saying much luck with the stock e-mail app.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
 
25th April 2014, 05:27 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddychief

In using outlook. Com for e-mail but I would like more than just a notification in the gear. What do you guys use? I am not saying much luck with the stock e-mail app.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk


Are you on a Corporate Exchange Server for your Outlook? The email on watch for Gear 1 was broken, again, from the last update. I recommend Cloudmagic, as it brings the email text to my Gear again. Give it a shot.
25th April 2014, 11:33 AM |#3  
Senior Member
League City, TX
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddychief

In using outlook. Com for e-mail but I would like more than just a notification in the gear. What do you guys use? I am not saying much luck with the stock e-mail app.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I just switched from K9 (only thing useful on my last watch) to the stock email app on my Galaxy S3 (running 4.2). I can now read the entire contents of emails once I open the notification and can refer to them in the email app. BEST FUNCTIONALITY *EVER*!! It's really useful to just pull up the email without pulling out the phone (or even having the phone on me). My boss is tech resistant, but even he thought it was really cool.
10th June 2014, 09:56 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDanInTX

I just switched from K9 (only thing useful on my last watch) to the stock email app on my Galaxy S3 (running 4.2). I can now read the entire contents of emails once I open the notification and can refer to them in the email app. BEST FUNCTIONALITY *EVER*!! It's really useful to just pull up the email without pulling out the phone (or even having the phone on me). My boss is tech resistant, but even he thought it was really cool.

I`m usig also the stock email function but I do not see any email vi this app - please help me !
10th June 2014, 11:14 AM |#5  
Senior Member
League City, TX
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter7

I`m usig also the stock email function but I do not see any email vi this app - please help me !

There are a few things that could be amiss. Are you using one of the supported phones? Do you have the notifications for email turned on in the Gear Manager?

I've heard that "starting over" will sometimes work. Unpair the watch from the phone. Factory reset the watch. Uninstall Gear Manager. Reinstall Gear Manager. Pair the watch to the phone. Re-enable notifications. ymmv.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigDanInTX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 09:30 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I changed the custom rom and now it is working great

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes