Off Topic discussion for Mega owners! Feedback and Support. :)

Search This thread

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
My Nexus 6 should be here on Wednesday!!!! Couldn't let Capt get one up in me!!!!???. Already have the files to unlock, root, unencrypt, and install TWRP on my PC!!!!! The Mega is already in a drawer and I'm using my old i717!!!!!

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: captemo

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
My Nexus 6 should be here on Wednesday!!!! Couldn't let Capt get one up in me!!!!???. Already have the files to unlock, root, unencrypt, and install TWRP on my PC!!!!! The Mega is already in a drawer and I'm using my old i717!!!!!

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's me....all up in ya.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: dparrothead1

caguas56

May 25, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Leaving all Mega forums
Today I ordered my Nexus 6 from Swappa.
I'll keep my original Mega just for the screen size and only that but will be dropping from all Mega threads.

the Mega as a development is DEAD!!!!.

NEXUS 6 HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!

caguas56

May 25, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
GONE!

Got my Mega today from MobileTechVideos(no JTAG for this phone).
will remain for the weekend on all mega forums and on monday will unsubscribe from them.
Sad that no one really care for this phone here in development paradise.
anyone interested on buying a Note 3 and a Sony Xperia Z Ultra(have to buy both) let me know.
I'm planning to keep my Mega(because of the screen size) and my brand new Nexus 6.
ONE LAST WORD ON hopsin4444:
don't know what happened to him but at this point I'm sadden at the possibility that I have been "shafted, scammed".
I really want it to have this phone "broken(bootloader)" that's why I was willing to loose it on a brick in the attempt.

good luck to all who remain in the Mega community!

Monday 19 my last log in.
Bye!

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Got my Mega today from MobileTechVideos(no JTAG for this phone).
will remain for the weekend on all mega forums and on monday will unsubscribe from them.
Sad that no one really care for this phone here in development paradise.
anyone interested on buying a Note 3 and a Sony Xperia Z Ultra(have to buy both) let me know.
I'm planning to keep my Mega(because of the screen size) and my brand new Nexus 6.
ONE LAST WORD ON hopsin4444:
don't know what happened to him but at this point I'm sadden at the possibility that I have been "shafted, scammed".
I really want it to have this phone "broken(bootloader)" that's why I was willing to loose it on a brick in the attempt.

good luck to all who remain in the Mega community!

Monday 19 my last log in.
Bye!

Nexus 6 man, so much development. I am like a kid in a Lollypop store.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

caguas56

May 25, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Bye
Tonight is my last night in this forum and all mega forums.
got my Nexus 6 and will keep my Mega 6.3 just because the screen unless some other phone with 6.3" comes over.
late tonight will unsuscribe of all Mega forums.

Thank you to any one who attempted to develop this phone.

hopsin4444 still is MIA and I don't expect to hear from him ever.

I requested a MOD to delete all his thread but got no response yet.

gerg6986

May 9, 2013
sterling
help

I did the OTA kitkat update and now it says unsupported software detected, I used Odin and it keeps saying failed. Can someone please help me?

orlyjc

Dec 30, 2010
Does anyone else have memory issues with the AT&T mega? Mine is always at 0.90 out of 1.30gb. Or around there, even after I kill all of the background apps.

ptrcsgn

May 12, 2014
is root still a possibility

Hi all, through all of everyone's hard work, I have been able to root every device I've owned… and for that, thank you!!! Until I got my dream phone At& t galaxy mega, I bought it as unlocked, and I am using it as a net10 prepaid phone. It was already updated to 4.4.2 when I bought it, I527UCUBNJ1 . Is any development still in the works for root? Or should I simply change it out for a model that can be rooted? I would settle for just root, although a custom recovery would be awesome…. If anyone knows if someone is still working on this please let me know. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Towelroot v.2

I don't know if you guys have been following geohot's towelroot for androids- specifically for the GS5, and others with kernels written before jun 3rd, 2014- which we have (may 21st).

I tried it for version 1 TR and it didn't work- sent logcat to geohot as requested. He just released TRv2- just tried it and still does not work for our phones- those of us who updated to 4.4.2. Logcat sent to geohot again. Grarak (writes kernels for our mega) says even though our date is right, the exploit used to root by geohot in TR was closed in our kernel. So it will never work. So far, he is correct.

Just wanted to keep you up to date.
    I just gotta say something. As someone who has no clue on writing code, breaking open locked bootloaders, replacing stock recoveries with custom ones, or making custom roms for all of our techie toys- I am very supportive of those people- who on their own free time- taking time away from their own personal families and other fun stuff to do in their spare time- Try to open our devices for their personalization and sharing their successes for our enjoyment of our techie toys. Along with successes, comes a lot of not so successful moments that are learning opportunities to fix and improve their projects and work.

I gladly sit and wait for any improvements they can bring to my devices with great thanks and small donations when I can. ;)

It's not easy- I looked into what coding is all about and it made my head scramble!! Definitely not my thing. So to the small group working their butts off to break the barriers, I thank you and please continue doing what you do.:fingers-crossed: And if you Happen to share your successes with us, Which as we all know, is not something you have to do, I will be very grateful and thankful.:good:
    If someone with knowledgeable information can answer my question I would really appreciate it. If the bootloader is unlocked...I said if....and I want to flash a different bootloader to it, would the other unlockable mega bootloader work for my sgh-i527??? I want jtag this device as experimental purpose. Thanks again

Sent from my BRAIN using TELEPATHY brain freeze

Pm sent

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Hey all so I think I am going to put together a little group of devs that wants to all join in and help me out and see if more brains can help out so @moudy and @BoiBundy let's get together and others

I belive it was cleaned

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

I believe I read somewhere that knox is part of the baseband. We dont remove knox bcoz we would mess with the phone functions. To remove knox correctly we need to rewrite bootloader. To rewrite bootloader we need to unlock it. If we bypass bootloader we cant remove knox but freeze it if im not mistaken. Correct me if im wrong with this. This is just super basic stuff nowhere near wat need to be done. To bypass bootloader we need to find an exploit maybe. Now the locked bootloader....I belive it is explained like this: imagine a door lock, one key locks it and another key unlocks it. The key that locks can only lock the door. So its a double safe. Its kinda like that. Haven't seen any one pick the lock on this yet. Bypass yes. I dont know what direction hopsin4444 is trying to accomplish this but if its a bypass and he found an exploit then hes probably fighting with knox or something that validates the recovery(flash). Also if hopsin4444 found something he worked hard on should be the one to get the credit. It sucks to work hard then to have someone claim ur work. Either we be patient or trade ur phone in J/K.

This is all true but the reason why I keep coming back to Knox is cause Knox whether any one wants to believe it lol is a main issue for a sucseful recovery flash so we can have a sucseful ROM flash that works! My early progress I was able to get a recovery to go on the phone but the recovery would always be off like the touch or the color or the wrong buttons and then for it to flash a ROM the WiFi would not work or the data which is a Knox issue in order to have a completly functional phone Knox has to go bye bye and the recovery has to work correctly I really don't know what kinda screen shots you want I can take some pics of my work on the computer but that'll just give someone else to want something more my goal is to be able to work on this and have success with out being hassled and asked constantly for some new proof no one is paying me to do this this is not my job so as cap says practice patients and give it time as for boy Bundy or whatever if he post on any of my threads just ignore it I have not even been to his thread or if he had one half the crap he mentions in my thread before it gets DELETED makes no sense so if he wants to do some stuff up as well follow his work as well I don't care because honestly this phone is a b (word) to do anything on so I do not see anything in the near future coming from him and that's no disrespect at all to him like I said the phone is a b (word) as for me IDC what anyone says I've been working on this and have gotten further than anyone in my opinion and I'm not gonna stop because of immaturity I got a lot going on as of late with my pet and my own health but I promise you I work on it at least once a day usually 2 times a day for more than 2 hours at a time I am a man of my word and work and I promised all you a ROMable phone and I will not fail at allmay just take some time as it already has back to the screen shots though I'll try to get something together and show you guys what I've got brewing thanks for all the support and dedication guys
    Hopsin4444

Im not quoting you too long lol. I hear wat ur saying but knox and bootloader are both problems here....its like ditching class but need to evade 2 security gaurds. I mean I cant agree that knox is not the problem my friend but I would say it plays a role. I too have been looking into loki and yea that file isnt there. Im hoping its somewhere else if not patched. I dont mind working together but u cant force anyone to work in a group. Some ppl work best alone. And accusations like him not coming out with zilch is not fair. This is a development community and we dont believe in impossible :)