Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lenovo Ideatab A1000 One Click Rooting(Windows)

Tip us?

rishabh22
Old
(Last edited by rishabh22; 19th November 2013 at 07:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Talking Lenovo Ideatab A1000 One Click Rooting(Windows)

DISCLAIMER
Here goes the cyanogenmod disclaimer. The same applies here.
"CyanogenMod members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software."

1. Turn on usb debugging from developer settings.
2. Install drivers like this.
3. Download and install this.
4. Open and click Root(Make sure you're connected to the internet).
And...you're done!

To unroot press the remove root button in the same application.

A1000F USERS PLEASE READ
Some A1000F users have reported that the device will turn off after rooting and won't start until you plug in the charging cable. After that it works fine. Refer to the comments below. If your device fails to start after rooting, please try this.

Keep in mind Lenovo will have an absolute right to deny your warranty claim(you are of course free to try, they may not even notice) if you give them a rooted device. So make sure you unroot the device before taking it to the service center, unless the device is completely dead.

UPDATE
Lenovo has finally rolled out an update for A1000G that increases the internal storage to 1.5gb.
Model-Moto G(XT1033)
Rom-Stock 4.4.2
Kernel-Stock 3.4
Recovery-Stock
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rishabh22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stratbrat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
That worked for me thanks.

mounisathish
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh22 View Post
4. Open and click Root.
And...you're done!
Thank You Very Much Friend.....Thank You So Much.

It Works Great. Thank You Once Again

sohanwins
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
4. Open and click Root.
And...you're done!
Worked like a charm I successfully rooted my ideatab A1000. You are like god here

Windywaker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
DISCLAIMER
Here goes the cyanogenmod disclaimer. The same applies here.
"CyanogenMod members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software."

4. Open and click Root.
And...you're done!
You should also be able to unroot the device using the same application but i haven't tried it and it may or may not work.

Keep in mind Lenovo will have an absolute right to deny your warranty claim(you are of course free to try, they may not even notice) if you give them a rooted device. So make sure you unroot the device somehow before taking it to the service center, unless the device is completely dead.

It worked on my Lenovo A1000F.
Thank you very much

CanuckinPA
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default HELP!!!!!

I tried rooting my Lenovo A1000-F --- followed the instructions, installed PDANet and ran Kingo, which said the root was complete. When I clicked FINISH the screen on the tab went blank and now I can't get it to start.

Here's what I'm seeing after unplugging and plugging the USB back into the tab, which I hope isn't bricked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tab.jpg
Views:	1618
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	2373549  
Samsung Galaxy SIII - Rooted & ROMed
Hisense Sero 7 Pro - DoPa v2.0 w/ oc kernel
Like the Sero 7 Pro? Go to this thread and ask for our own forum and then add this to your signature till we get one.

rishabh22
Old
(Last edited by rishabh22; 6th November 2013 at 01:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icersman View Post
I tried rooting my Lenovo A1000-F --- followed the instructions, installed PDANet and ran Kingo, which said the root was complete. When I clicked FINISH the screen on the tab went blank and now I can't get it to start.

Here's what I'm seeing after unplugging and plugging the USB back into the tab, which I hope isn't bricked.
O.o that wasn't supposed to happen. Did you have sufficient charge before rooting and are you sure your usb cable isn't damaged or anything?
Here's what you can try
1. Charge the device for around 1/2 hr and then try switching it on.
2. Restart your pc, make sure kingo root isn't started and then connect the usb
Otherwise try searching Google for such problems and as a last resort you can take the device to the service center and tell them this happened while you were trying to update or something. I would have tried to help you myself but Im busy with my exams for the next 20-25 days. Sorry
Do post what happens. I'll try to help as much as i can
Model-Moto G(XT1033)
Rom-Stock 4.4.2
Kernel-Stock 3.4
Recovery-Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to rishabh22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BLSbeerzerker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
O.o that wasn't supposed to happen. Did you have sufficient charge before rooting and are you sure your usb cable isn't damaged or anything?
Here's what you can try
1. Charge the device for around 1/2 hr and then try switching it on.
2. Restart your pc, make sure kingo root isn't started and then connect the usb
Otherwise try searching Google for such problems and as a last resort you can take the device to the service center and tell them this happened while you were trying to update or something. I would have tried to help you myself but Im busy with my exams for the next 20-25 days. Sorry
Do post what happens. I'll try to help as much as i can
same thing happened today to me aswell trying to figure out how to fix it by the way does the case behind open?

rishabh22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLSbeerzerker View Post
same thing happened today to me aswell trying to figure out how to fix it by the way does the case behind open?
haven't tried opening it yet. Take a look at this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oM6Ccqe97NY. Might help.
btw you also with a1000f?
Model-Moto G(XT1033)
Rom-Stock 4.4.2
Kernel-Stock 3.4
Recovery-Stock

BLSbeerzerker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
haven't tried opening it yet. Take a look at this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oM6Ccqe97NY. Might help.
btw you also with a1000f?
yeah i have a a1000f, after leaving it overnight without a plugged charger, plugging it in this morning booted up normally and rooted

Tags
a1000, ideatab, lenovo, oneclick, root