Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z2 playstation mobile bonus

Tip us?

cellphones4fun
Old
(Last edited by cellphones4fun; 11th June 2014 at 12:54 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Z2 playstation mobile bonus

I just got a Z2, and found out about this: http ://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/05/01/entertainment-and-app-experiences-all-free-with-xperia-z2/

Quote:
At Sony, we want to bring our customers the world’s best content direct to their mobile. That’s why Xperia Z2 comes right out of the box with a unique experience pack of 6 free movies, including Captain Phillips, 30-day trial of the Music Unlimited service, 8 games from PlayStationŽMobile and a free download of the upcoming Michael Jackson album, XSCAPE.
Apparently we can get a bunch of free stuff. What I'm curious about are the 8 games from PlayStationŽMobile. I "redeemed" them, but nothing shows up on my phone when I go to the Playstation mobile app (but the games are listed under my account when I log onto the Playstation Entertainment Network.

Are these games suppose to be for the phone? If so, has anyone successfully got this to work?

Thanks!

mtl171
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellphones4fun View Post
I just got a Z2, and found out about this: http ://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/05/01/entertainment-and-app-experiences-all-free-with-xperia-z2/

Apparently we can get a bunch of free stuff. What I'm curious about are the 8 games from PlayStationŽMobile. I "redeemed" them, but nothing shows up on my phone when I go to the Playstation mobile app (but the games are listed under my account when I log onto the Playstation Entertainment Network.

Are these games suppose to be for the phone? If so, has anyone successfully got this to work?

Thanks!
The games do work on the phone. However in order to download the game, the have to tap on menu => download list. Then you should see the games you own and be able to download them.
Phone: Sony D6503 running stock
Toy: Nook Color running CMod 7
The Following User Says Thank You to mtl171 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cellphones4fun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl171 View Post
The games do work on the phone. However in order to download the game, the have to tap on menu => download list. Then you should see the games you own and be able to download them.
Oh wow, can't believe I didn't figure this out. Thanks!

mtl171
Old
(Last edited by mtl171; 11th June 2014 at 01:50 AM.) Reason: grammar
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
It;s setup a bit strange. However, its the exact same way Sony setup the PSN store on the vita.
Phone: Sony D6503 running stock
Toy: Nook Color running CMod 7

vicedens2002
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:

Thanks!
How to redeem the games is it through the app or online? If its online link please...

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk
Nokia 2100 -> Nokia 6510 -> Nokia 6600 -> Sony Ericsson w700i -> Sony Ericsson w960i -> HTC Desire HD -> SONY Xperia Z2

cellphones4fun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicedens2002 View Post
How to redeem the games is it through the app or online? If its online link please...

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk
Use the Xperia Lounge app (not sure if you have to download that from app store). Then look for the various featured apps, which should ask you to create a Playstation Entertainment Network account (if you don't already have one), but it will provide you a code to redeem the various games, movies, apps, etc).

bryanhayn
Old
Thanks Meter 37
It took me a while to figure this out too. You need to download the Playstation Mobile app at http://www.playstation.com/psm/store/en.html (I know you already have this. I'm just helping others who might be confused.) and download the games through that app. I was trying to download the games through the Playstation app that came with the phone.
Not that you care, but my phone history: Samsung SGH-N105, SGH-S105, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 3650, 3220, Motorola SLVR L7, Blackberry Pearl 8100, original iPhone, 3G, 3GS, & 4, Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, SIII, Note 2, HTC One, LG G2 & Pebble watch, Sony Xperia Z2 & LG G Watch (current)

KrisPerry
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I assume this doesn't work if drm keys are lost

Sent from my Z2 using Tapatalk

Mr.R™
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Don't think so, I get a pop up saying this voucher is unavailable. I am unlocked etc.. Guess I should of tried before I unlocked it but I had unlocked it within 5 mins of receiving the phone lol

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Jejoma
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You're not the only one. I ended up doing a Google search to find the answer