Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Proximity sensor

Tip us?

Amritttt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Proximity sensor

I have noticed that during a phone call proximity sensor doesn't while to taking i could hear those click sound(touch sound) and after i end call somehow i am in gallery or whatsapp or some other app.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Sony Xperia Z2

ROM: STOCK
Camera: 20.7 Mega Piexl
Recovery: Dual recovery
Kernel:
Radio:
SD: 16GB +64 GB
Ram:3Gb
Color:Black

es10n
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Can't say I've experienced that myself

Current: Sony Xperia Z2 (Three Network, UK)
Previous: Oppo Find 5 (Sim-Free) < Samsung Galaxy S3 (Three Network, UK) < Apple iPhone 4 (O2 Network, UK) < Apple iPhone 3 (O2 Network, UK) < Nokia N95 (O2 Network, UK) < T-Mobile Vario I (T-Mobile Network, UK) < Motorola RAZR V3 (Orange Network, UK)

Jejoma
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I get my calls cut off occasionally. That happened with my previous SIII so I guess it is just a standard problem with proximity sensors - they're not as effective as the manufacturers would have you believe.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

edge3uk
Old
Thanks Meter 35
The proximity sensor turns the screen off when the phones in a normal talking position. If you're led down, it's likely it won't. Try it, move the phone around and put your hand over the sensor.

stu_tls
Old
Thanks Meter 13
its not a proximity problem as the screen stays off if it was the sensor the screen would keep lighting up

I have had this problem and posted about it already

I have tried with the double tap to wake feature off to see if it was that but no such luck!!

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

heres the thread I started http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769679

deep7177
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i also find myself in different places after call, this happens with flap cover closed

ikm19
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
I usually have same problem, I click on power button to turn off the screen and usually it solves the click problem.
Don't know why android phones proximity sensor doesn't works as good as iPhone. Never had that problem in any iPhone and for android it seems all the phone have this problem.

stu_tls
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikm19 View Post
Don't know why android phones proximity sensor doesn't works as good as iPhone. Never had that problem in any iPhone and for android it seems all the phone have this problem.
never had this problem on my HTC one X

and I have never heard of the problem on other phones either!!

raducanmihai
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I also used to have problems with proximity sensor not waking up the screen during a call. It seemed to be completely random: sometimes it happened after only 1 min of talk time, other time after 5 minutes, other time it worked ok even after 20 minutes of talk time. I turned off "double tap to wake up" and I never had any problems since. I'm not sure it's not a coincidence, but it worked so far (10 days).

About the cut off calls:it's not the proximity sensor. For me that happened on any European firmware. I tried the original .55 Vodafone Germany (the one that the phone came with), .55 UK and .402 Germany. It happened randomly on all of them. I tried repair firmware, factory reset, re flash with FlashTool. Nothing worked. The ones that work flawlessly for me are TW firmwares. I tried both .69 TW and currently on .402 TW. No cut off calls, no problems, no overheating in 4K (about 10 minutes recording).

ikm19
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Turning of double tap to wakeup seems solved my problem.