Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odined Stock NAE, then system crash

Tip us?

ctzw
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Odined Stock NAE, then system crash

I odined L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_SPR.zip a couple of days ago, it gave me a clean system. That's what it was supposed to do. Then I rooted and install recovery, installed a Custom ROM (MIUI), and found battery couldn't be charged when phone was completely powered off... Frustrated, so I decided to go back to stock NAE..

Flashed the same file: L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_SPR.zip again using Odin today. System crashed after 4.4.2 was booted up. Keeped giving me these dialogs at this NEW system:
"Unfortunately contacts has stopped"
"Unfortunately the process COM.ANDROID.PHONE has stopped"
I clicked "OK" on the dialogs, they kept coming up, just wouldn't go away.. I couldn't do anything with these stupid errors...

I am confused, why a STOCK ROM still had issue? Isn't it supposed to wipe any data/partitions from previous
ROM(s)?

ROMANTiC KiD
Old
Thanks Meter 193
It doesn't wipe any data from previous ROM you have to go to recovery and do a factory reset.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ctzw
Old
(Last edited by ctzw; 12th June 2014 at 01:22 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMANTiC KiD View Post
It doesn't wipe any data from previous ROM you have to go to recovery and do a factory reset.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for the answer. Somehow, I was able to enter the recovery mode and wipe data from there. Thanks!!