Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 47,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is Kingo root safe???

Tip us?

ody12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Is Kingo root safe???

so i just rooted my s3 t999 running 4.3 then i read something that kingo root not safe. does anybody know about this? any info would be appreciate, thanks in advance.

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ody12 View Post
so i just rooted my s3 t999 running 4.3 then i read something that kingo root not safe. does anybody know about this? any info would be appreciate, thanks in advance.
kingo root is safe, if it dumbs anything onto your phone just delete them, i have safely rooted a couple cheap phones with it and see no problem.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat (4.4.2) XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113
Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.2) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations on amazon?
Chromecast
Stock
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)
The Following User Says Thank You to Trozzul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AAbounegm
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
I can verify this, too. I rooted about 5-6 devices with it, and it did it flawlessly with them all.

What I remember using it with is the Samsung Galaxy SII (i9100 and i9100g) and a Tab 3 and others which I don't remember.

However, all it does is that it installs SuperSU to your device only, and nothing else. One Click Root is also as known as Kingo, but it installs a custom recovery, too, if you choose to.

ody12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAbounegm View Post
I can verify this, too. I rooted about 5-6 devices with it, and it did it flawlessly with them all.

What I remember using it with is the Samsung Galaxy SII (i9100 and i9100g) and a Tab 3 and others which I don't remember.

However, all it does is that it installs SuperSU to your device only, and nothing else. One Click Root is also as known as Kingo, but it installs a custom recovery, too, if you choose to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
kingo root is safe, if it dumbs anything onto your phone just delete them, i have safely rooted a couple cheap phones with it and see no problem.
Yes I have also successfully rooted my device but I read online that kingo send the imei number and other sensitive information to a server in China.. have you heard about this?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

AAbounegm
Old
(Last edited by AAbounegm; 8th June 2014 at 10:29 PM.) Reason: Adding the post by the Moderator
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes I have also successfully rooted my device but I read online that kingo send the imei number and other sensitive information to a server in China.. have you heard about this?
I never heard about it, but I just googled it and you seem to be right. But I had it rooted for more than 8 months now, and I see no problems at all. I think that it uploads your IMEI code to their servers for 2 reasons. To know what is your device and get the correct rooting files so that it doesn't load your computer with a huge amount of files for devices that you don't have, and the 2nd reason is maybe they keep a counter or something like that of the number of devices rooted using their app. I said I am not sure about this, but I predict these are the reasons. And again, I didn't have any issues at all since I rooted my phone. However, if you just want to feel safe you can use One Click Root.

This is a post by a Forum Moderator speaking about that: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2503591&page=5

sonyu
Old
(Last edited by sonyu; 9th June 2014 at 02:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
It's about trust! I don't know which phone/s you own, but for Sony smartphones/phablets there's Flashtool.
Personally, I prefer rooting my phone with Flashtool.
Some of its key features:
- unlock bootloader
- root
- ROM flashing
- kernel flashing

I never tried Kingo and I've heard only bad things about it.
What I used in the past- never experienced any trouble- is Vroot. Just to be sure, I followed these steps:
Install Vroot
Let it download the drivers for your phone
Turn off your Internet Connection
Connect phone
Root it
uninstall Vroot
delete all "leftovers"

It won't work with Kingo. Kingo wants you to stay connected to the Internet for some odd reasons. I'm paranoid, so I would never recommend it! What if it sends your phone's IMEI, ID, number to their servers?

Again, it's all about trust!

ody12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyu View Post
It's about trust! I don't know which phone/s you own, but for Sony smartphones/phablets there's Flashtool.
- unlock bootloader
- root
- ROM flashing
- kernel flashing

What I used in the past- never experienced any trouble- is Vroot. Just to be sure, I followed these steps:
Install Vroot
Connect phone
Root it
uninstall Vroot
delete all "leftovers"

It won't work with Kingo. Kingo wants you to stay connected to the Internet for some odd reasons. I'm paranoid, so I would never recommend it! What if it sends your phone's IMEI, ID, number to their servers?

What bad things have tou heard about Kingo?

ody12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyu View Post
- unlock bootloader
- root
- ROM flashing
- kernel flashing

Install Vroot
Connect phone
Root it
uninstall Vroot
delete all "leftovers"

How do you know it doesn't send your sensitive info to there servers before you turn off your internet connection? ??