FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] What's the best back-up method?

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By pdes, Member on 11th June 2014, 11:06 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I want to factory re-set my Z1 but don't want to lose the configuration of home pages, grouped apps etc. Before, I have restored and have had to spend days, getting the machine re-personalized. Is there a back-up/restore method that keeps all the settings and configurations?

Thanks
 
 
1st July 2014, 09:58 AM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Sorry to bump but there must be a "big-brain" out there with an answer!
5th July 2014, 09:05 PM |#3  
Rootk1t's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdes

Sorry to bump but there must be a "big-brain" out there with an answer!

Titanium backup can restore everything, even homescreen icons (restore data for Xperia Home), but the full version is not free and it needs root.
5th July 2014, 09:09 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootk1t

Titanium backup can restore everything, even homescreen icons (restore data for Xperia Home), but the full version is not free and it needs root.

Thanks for this, I am happy to pay but not to root. If I root, I lose SkyGo!
5th July 2014, 09:20 PM |#5  
Rootk1t's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdes

Thanks for this, I am happy to pay but not to root. If I root, I lose SkyGo!

search for cloaking root apps
5th July 2014, 09:51 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootk1t

search for cloaking root apps

Yep, I've looked into this a few times but I always come up against folks who say that SkyGo can't be fooled and can spot all roots.

Cheers
5th July 2014, 09:54 PM |#7  
Rootk1t's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdes

Yep, I've looked into this a few times but I always come up against folks who say that SkyGo can't be fooled and can spot all roots.

Cheers

you should better try it yourself http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-root-t2574647
Quote:
Originally Posted by devadvance

App: Sky Go - BSkyB - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.bskyb.skygo
Method: Most likely detects root via native library (built with Android NDK). Unsure of exact method, but the Java portion of the app contains "VGDRM_STATUS_DEVICE_IS_ROOTED = -41942891", and based on the library name, it's a safe bet.
Working on a solution: RootCloak Plus (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49351848)

Last edited by Rootk1t; 5th July 2014 at 09:58 PM.
5th July 2014, 10:02 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootk1t

you should better try it yourself http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-root-t2574647


Thanks for the pointer. I'll keep and eye on the Sky issue. Meanwhile, I still need to find the best backup and restore app without rooting.

Cheers
5th July 2014, 10:12 PM |#9  
Rootk1t's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdes

Thanks for the pointer. I'll keep and eye on the Sky issue. Meanwhile, I still need to find the best backup and restore app without rooting.

Cheers

you can root you device, make/restore backup, delete backup app, delete root.
6th July 2014, 11:11 AM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootk1t

you can root you device, make/restore backup, delete backup app, delete root.

Many thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes