Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Does this phone really worth buying?

OP david19au

16th June 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 4

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello guys,
I'm as of now an iPhone 5 user and my parents have took my phone away because i was using it "too much" for about 5 months ago. Today, me and my parents were in an electronic shop and we've been looking for some phones for my grands. Then my mom just randomly said, that she will be using my iPhone 5 as shes normal phone and she offered me a deal, i would still have the iPhone 5 which i can't use much, OR if i'll consider about the S3 Mini or the Xperia M. So here's my question, does the Xperia M worth? Are there many ROMs? Do the features are almost same as in iPhone 5? Does CM11 lags really much or bugs? Is the multitasking good as in iPhone? Can the phone be good in hardware for about next 3-4 years? Therefore, thanks to all who can answer me those questions.
16th June 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 110

156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au

Hello guys,
I'm as of now an iPhone 5 user and my parents have took my phone away because i was using it "too much" for about 5 months ago. Today, me and my parents were in an electronic shop and we've been looking for some phones for my grands. Then my mom just randomly said, that she will be using my iPhone 5 as shes normal phone and she offered me a deal, i would still have the iPhone 5 which i can't use much, OR if i'll consider about the S3 Mini or the Xperia M. So here's my question, does the Xperia M worth? Are there many ROMs? Do the features are almost same as in iPhone 5? Does CM11 lags really much or bugs? Is the multitasking good as in iPhone? Can the phone be good in hardware for about next 3-4 years? Therefore, thanks to all who can answer me those questions.

This phone can pretty much fill all your needs. There are almost nil bugs in CM11 and it doesn't lagg! Multitasking is 200% better than the iPhone You can always peep in the Development and Original Development section for roms there are a variety of AOSP Roms as well as Stock based roms!

In terms of hardware for the next 3-4 years the phone is packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor along with Adreno 305 which runs almost any game or heavy app without lagg (Even Facebook )

Tho I won't give you wrong info about the phone.. It would heat a bit but not so much. For minimal use and just multitasking its a great phone and I totally recommend you to buy it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvm84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 15

118 posts
Angry
Quote:

Hello guys,

The phone is a beast.
Handles CM11 at its best
Who's it--> SONY
Music: Walkman's there
Multitask --> Yipee
Design--> straight up' no playin with design
And yea its Android bud'
Play with it anytime tweak it anywhere
The Following User Says Thank You to cabba403 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinXO

This phone can pretty much fill all your needs. There are almost nil bugs in CM11 and it doesn't lagg! Multitasking is 200% better than the iPhone You can always peep in the Development and Original Development section for roms there are a variety of AOSP Roms as well as Stock based roms!

In terms of hardware for the next 3-4 years the phone is packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor along with Adreno 305 which runs almost any game or heavy app without lagg (Even Facebook )

Tho I won't give you wrong info about the phone.. It would heat a bit but not so much. For minimal use and just multitasking its a great phone and I totally recommend you to buy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabba403

The phone is a beast.
Handles CM11 at its best
Who's it--> SONY
Music: Walkman's there
Multitask --> Yipee
Design--> straight up' no playin with design
And yea its Android bud'
Play with it anytime tweak it anywhere

Thank You guys very much But what's better, S3 Mini or this Xperia?

Odesláno z mého PAP3400DUO pomocí Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #5  

156 posts
More
Quote:

Thank You guys very much But what's better, S3 Mini or this Xperia?

Odesláno z mého PAP3400DUO pomocí Tapatalk

geekaphone. com/compare/Sony-Xperia-M-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Mini
phonearena. com/phones/Sony-Xperia-M_id7875/benchmarks
fonearena. com/blog/65458/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-benchmarks.html
(Remove the space between . and com, Because I can't post links outside XDA because less than 10 posts )

I love Sony for their responsive UI and the never before experience they give who have got their new first xperia device! Samsung packs in a lot of apps that are not needed in daily activities and stuff we usually do on phone!

Also, Sony is not predictable like Samsung is for example was the Xperia M 4.3 update expected?

Hope the above links help ^^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvm84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinXO

geekaphone. com/compare/Sony-Xperia-M-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Mini
phonearena. com/phones/Sony-Xperia-M_id7875/benchmarks
fonearena. com/blog/65458/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-benchmarks.html
(Remove the space between . and com, Because I can't post links outside XDA because less than 10 posts )

I love Sony for their responsive UI and the never before experience they give who have got their new first xperia device! Samsung packs in a lot of apps that are not needed in daily activities and stuff we usually do on phone!

Also, Sony is not predictable like Samsung is for example was the Xperia M 4.3 update expected?

Hope the above links help ^^

Well, it's 50:50 for me. Looking on ROMs for both of the devices, just a question, is the community for Xperia M big?
17th June 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #7  

156 posts
More
Quote:

Well, it's 50:50 for me. Looking on ROMs for both of the devices, just a question, is the community for Xperia M big?

Seeing upto Facebook yeah looks like it's very big but I really don't know how many from the "11K" members group really own an Xperia M!
17th June 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 21

85 posts
More
Based on my research on google, i see that the specs are similar to each other, but:
If you looking for more performance and multitasking, choose Xperia M
If you looking for a phone with strong display (Gorilla Glass), choose S3 Mini.
Anyway, the choose is still depend on you. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vroyaloko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Guys, just another question, will be there more ROMs for this device? Like, i couldn't find MIUI, Lewa or something like that? Thx for reply again
17th June 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 29

96 posts
More
Quote:

Guys, just another question, will be there more ROMs for this device? Like, i couldn't find MIUI, Lewa or something like that? Thx for reply again

Probably there will be more roms, just wait and see. But In my opinion cm11 is quite good custom rom for our device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Barua For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
worth buying, xperia m
Previous Thread Next Thread