Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,486 Members 44,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does this phone really worth buying?

Tip us?
 
david19au
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 104
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Prague

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Does this phone really worth buying?

Hello guys,
I'm as of now an iPhone 5 user and my parents have took my phone away because i was using it "too much" for about 5 months ago. Today, me and my parents were in an electronic shop and we've been looking for some phones for my grands. Then my mom just randomly said, that she will be using my iPhone 5 as shes normal phone and she offered me a deal, i would still have the iPhone 5 which i can't use much, OR if i'll consider about the S3 Mini or the Xperia M. So here's my question, does the Xperia M worth? Are there many ROMs? Do the features are almost same as in iPhone 5? Does CM11 lags really much or bugs? Is the multitasking good as in iPhone? Can the phone be good in hardware for about next 3-4 years? Therefore, thanks to all who can answer me those questions.
 
dvm84
Old
#2  
dvm84's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 101
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au View Post
Hello guys,
I'm as of now an iPhone 5 user and my parents have took my phone away because i was using it "too much" for about 5 months ago. Today, me and my parents were in an electronic shop and we've been looking for some phones for my grands. Then my mom just randomly said, that she will be using my iPhone 5 as shes normal phone and she offered me a deal, i would still have the iPhone 5 which i can't use much, OR if i'll consider about the S3 Mini or the Xperia M. So here's my question, does the Xperia M worth? Are there many ROMs? Do the features are almost same as in iPhone 5? Does CM11 lags really much or bugs? Is the multitasking good as in iPhone? Can the phone be good in hardware for about next 3-4 years? Therefore, thanks to all who can answer me those questions.
This phone can pretty much fill all your needs. There are almost nil bugs in CM11 and it doesn't lagg! Multitasking is 200% better than the iPhone You can always peep in the Development and Original Development section for roms there are a variety of AOSP Roms as well as Stock based roms!

In terms of hardware for the next 3-4 years the phone is packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor along with Adreno 305 which runs almost any game or heavy app without lagg (Even Facebook )

Tho I won't give you wrong info about the phone.. It would heat a bit but not so much. For minimal use and just multitasking its a great phone and I totally recommend you to buy it!
The Following User Says Thank You to dvm84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cabba403
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 64
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au View Post
Hello guys,
I'm as of now an iPhone 5 user and my parents have took my phone away because i was using it "too much" for about 5 months ago. Today, me and my parents were in an electronic shop and we've been looking for some phones for my grands. Then my mom just randomly said, that she will be using my iPhone 5 as shes normal phone and she offered me a deal, i would still have the iPhone 5 which i can't use much, OR if i'll consider about the S3 Mini or the Xperia M. So here's my question, does the Xperia M worth? Are there many ROMs? Do the features are almost same as in iPhone 5? Does CM11 lags really much or bugs? Is the multitasking good as in iPhone? Can the phone be good in hardware for about next 3-4 years? Therefore, thanks to all who can answer me those questions.
The phone is a beast.
Handles CM11 at its best
Who's it--> SONY
Music: Walkman's there
Multitask --> Yipee
Design--> straight up' no playin with design
And yea its Android bud'
Play with it anytime tweak it anywhere
 
david19au
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 104
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Prague

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinXO View Post
This phone can pretty much fill all your needs. There are almost nil bugs in CM11 and it doesn't lagg! Multitasking is 200% better than the iPhone You can always peep in the Development and Original Development section for roms there are a variety of AOSP Roms as well as Stock based roms!

In terms of hardware for the next 3-4 years the phone is packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor along with Adreno 305 which runs almost any game or heavy app without lagg (Even Facebook )

Tho I won't give you wrong info about the phone.. It would heat a bit but not so much. For minimal use and just multitasking its a great phone and I totally recommend you to buy it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabba403 View Post
The phone is a beast.
Handles CM11 at its best
Who's it--> SONY
Music: Walkman's there
Multitask --> Yipee
Design--> straight up' no playin with design
And yea its Android bud'
Play with it anytime tweak it anywhere
Thank You guys very much But what's better, S3 Mini or this Xperia?

Odesláno z mého PAP3400DUO pomocí Tapatalk
 
dvm84
Old
#5  
dvm84's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 101
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au View Post
Thank You guys very much But what's better, S3 Mini or this Xperia?

Odesláno z mého PAP3400DUO pomocí Tapatalk
geekaphone. com/compare/Sony-Xperia-M-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Mini
phonearena. com/phones/Sony-Xperia-M_id7875/benchmarks
fonearena. com/blog/65458/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-benchmarks.html
(Remove the space between . and com, Because I can't post links outside XDA because less than 10 posts )

I love Sony for their responsive UI and the never before experience they give who have got their new first xperia device! Samsung packs in a lot of apps that are not needed in daily activities and stuff we usually do on phone!

Also, Sony is not predictable like Samsung is for example was the Xperia M 4.3 update expected?

Hope the above links help ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to dvm84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
david19au
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 104
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Prague

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinXO View Post
geekaphone. com/compare/Sony-Xperia-M-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Mini
phonearena. com/phones/Sony-Xperia-M_id7875/benchmarks
fonearena. com/blog/65458/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-benchmarks.html
(Remove the space between . and com, Because I can't post links outside XDA because less than 10 posts )

I love Sony for their responsive UI and the never before experience they give who have got their new first xperia device! Samsung packs in a lot of apps that are not needed in daily activities and stuff we usually do on phone!

Also, Sony is not predictable like Samsung is for example was the Xperia M 4.3 update expected?

Hope the above links help ^^
Well, it's 50:50 for me. Looking on ROMs for both of the devices, just a question, is the community for Xperia M big?
 
dvm84
Old
#7  
dvm84's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 101
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au View Post
Well, it's 50:50 for me. Looking on ROMs for both of the devices, just a question, is the community for Xperia M big?
Seeing upto Facebook yeah looks like it's very big but I really don't know how many from the "11K" members group really own an Xperia M!
 
Vroyaloko
Old
#8  
Vroyaloko's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 85
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Tangerang
Based on my research on google, i see that the specs are similar to each other, but:
If you looking for more performance and multitasking, choose Xperia M
If you looking for a phone with strong display (Gorilla Glass), choose S3 Mini.
Anyway, the choose is still depend on you. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vroyaloko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
david19au
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 104
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Prague

 
DONATE TO ME
Guys, just another question, will be there more ROMs for this device? Like, i couldn't find MIUI, Lewa or something like that? Thx for reply again
 
Barua
Old
#10  
Barua's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 91
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au View Post
Guys, just another question, will be there more ROMs for this device? Like, i couldn't find MIUI, Lewa or something like that? Thx for reply again
Probably there will be more roms, just wait and see. But In my opinion cm11 is quite good custom rom for our device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Barua For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
worth buying, xperia m
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes