Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TWRP][2.7.+][THEME] Dark Viper TWRP

Tip us?

Sneakyghost
Old
(Last edited by Sneakyghost; 28th April 2014 at 05:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7,219

DONATE TO ME
Default [TWRP][2.7.+][THEME] Dark Viper TWRP

Venom Viper inspired theme for TWRP
Version 1.5

Changelog:

Code:
  • Added Vibration controls for TWRP 2.7 and up
  • Changed the slider button to the new Venom Logo
  • All other changes are TWRP changes. Thank them guys.
  • Minor update to latest TWRP theme base - See “Backup” page, includes new function to auto-generate backup name
  • Added little Icon on “Language” button on Keyboard - might put a custom ViperBackup there in near future.
  • resized all images for FullHD devices
  • XML reworked for FullHD devices
  • Changed Text-Input cursor color
  • Minor change for the progress-bar animation
  • XML reworked for TWRP 2.5.0.0 with new elements and layout-changes. (See Teamw.in for list of changes)
  • Pixelformat changed from RGB565 to RGB8888 for TWRP 2.5 (Now theme looks like it was supposed to).
  • Fixed Button position on flash confirm page
  • Initial release

Credits:
Buttons and backgrounds are made with Photoshop CS6 Extended by me.
Viper-Logo on the Slider: Lesscro, owned by Team Venom. Thanks for the permissions!
Home, Back and SlideOut Buttons: @rootrider. Thank you mate. Much appreciated
NavBar: stock HTC Sense5, ripped off the ONE (thanks @he_stheone64 ), Thanks HTC!

ui.xml is pretty much the reference layout at teamw.in’s repo over at OmniRom and has only placement and color edits from me to make all stuff fit, so it's pretty much stock.

HowTo:
download the ui.zip
place it on your SDcard into the folder "theme" which is located inside the folder "TWRP". If that folder doesn't exist, create it.
Correct path: \sdcard\TWRP\theme\ui.zip
then boot into recovery and enjoy.
Notice: all datamedia devices that have TWRP located on /data/media or /data/media/0 need the “theme” folder in small letters, not capitalized, or else the theme won’t be recognized! I believe Dees_Troy is looking into this but for now you need to pay attention to this.

Disclaimer:
According to TeamWin, it is possible to introduce bugs and malicious code into TWRP by means of a theme. I spent a lot of time testing this myself and asure you, i found no malicious button or hidden function in it
However, i cannot guarantee, that there won't be problems from using a theme. If you ever suspect this theme of doing something bad to your phone, please let me know asap, so i can fix that.
I do not want to harm anyone's tech, but i also can't take responsibility for this, as using themes is always the sole responsibility of the user. I am not god. I can't foresee everything.

This theme has been updated to TWRP 2.7.0.0 and is functional on all versions 2.7 and up so far. it will also be working on all FullHD devices, so M7 and M8 for sure, probably others.[/B]

- = Download = -
[NEW] TWRP 2.7.0.0 FullHD Theme: http://goo.gl/9JqDq9

FullHD Themes (M7): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=4047
qHD Themes (OneS): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=40135187

For bugs (that would mainly be layout issues) let me know. I will even that out whenever i find time. Thanks.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Sneakyghost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jejehtc
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Superb theme for our recovery
OnePlus One Sandstone Black 64GB
-----------------------------------
Samsung Galxy Gear White

OnePlus One
The Following User Says Thank You to jejehtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Using viper 1.4 Rom but cannot delete the already ui.zip I already have?!? I keep getting error in fx explorer. I have root access, s-off, handlesdcard exposed module. Why can I not touch this existing theme to replace with this one in this thread? In currently using the blue carbon theme.
Device: Verizon HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Stock

Tiffany84
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,879

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts View Post
Using viper 1.4 Rom but cannot delete the already ui.zip I already have?!? I keep getting error in fx explorer. I have root access, s-off, handlesdcard exposed module. Why can I not touch this existing theme to replace with this one in this thread? In currently using the blue carbon theme.
Try the temp fix I posted in Viper thread.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sneakyghost
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7,219

DONATE TO ME
Blame the xposed module.
Also, sometimes when you pushed that file into the folder with adb in recovery, it's inaccessible from within Android. Happens with buggy TWRP versions that set wrong uuid's and/or permissions.
Try some other file explorer like ES or Root Explorer. If that doesn't help, delete the ui.zip with the recovery file manager and push the new one with:

adb push ui.zip /sdcard/TWRP/theme/ui.zip

See if that helps.

signatures are for girls

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany84 View Post
Try the temp fix I posted in Viper thread.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Using TWRP file manager worked perfectly. I deleted it, then rebooted system. Then showed file was deleted with fx explorer so then tried to move this theme to the theme folder and got the error message again, no access. Figure WTF here and just went back into TWRP recovery and did everything with TWRP file manager. Reboot into recovery, now the theme is running and file is where it's suppose to be. Weird.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyghost View Post
Blame the xposed module.
Also, sometimes when you pushed that file into the folder with adb in recovery, it's inaccessible from within Android. Happens with buggy TWRP versions that set wrong uuid's and/or permissions.
Try some other file explorer like ES or Root Explorer. If that doesn't help, delete the ui.zip with the recovery file manager and push the new one with:

adb push ui.zip /sdcard/TWRP/theme/ui.zip

See if that helps.

signatures are for girls
First blamed the rom since i installed Venom rom 1.4 and after install by default the exposed installer is turned off/not installed. So by default this was not possible at all! That's a rom issue. I then turned on exposed installer app/installed, then selected the module, then rebooted. Still same effect.

Had to do everything with TWRP file manager. I deleted the file fine, then moved this theme in there fine, renamed it fine, reboot into recovery fine to see the awesome theme in action! Appreciate the heads up, had no idea TWRP had a file manager full access!!!

I've tried root explorer, etc. All the same compared to FX Explorer, won't work for this procedure. Don't know if it's because i had an existing file in that folder which caused this or not?
Device: Verizon HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Stock

Sneakyghost
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7,219

DONATE TO ME
It's complicated. It's maybe to do with a messed up permission or uuid or due to the explorer u use. Hard to guess around. Maybe you'd do best with a factory reset with a stock ROM and recovery and rebuild your phone. That's what I always do when I get these kinds of issues.

signatures are for girls

user602
Old
Thanks Meter 249

DONATE TO ME
Well done, Sneaky... This thing is cool (and I don't even like red that much)!
HTC Device History: One (M8) DE [current] | One (M7) DE [current] | One (M7) 32GB | Ace 9192 | Rhodium 300 | Kaiser 130 | Wizard 100
Samsung Device History: Note 10.1 SM-P600 [current] | Note 10.1 GT-N8013 [current] | Tab 10.1 GT-P7510
Asus Device History: Nexus 7 Flo 32GB [current] | Nexus 7 Grouper 32GB
The Following User Says Thank You to user602 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darknites
Old
Thanks Meter 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyghost View Post
It's complicated. It's maybe to do with a messed up permission or uuid or due to the explorer u use. Hard to guess around. Maybe you'd do best with a factory reset with a stock ROM and recovery and rebuild your phone. That's what I always do when I get these kinds of issues.

signatures are for girls
Ya we know you like to mess up the sd anyway nice to see you again dude . Can I just recolour it and put it in the zip and job done?

guyd
Old
Thanks Meter 270
@Sneakyghost

Very nice work!!!

Would you also consider making an ICS Blue version of this theme?

Code:

Phone: HTC One M8 (at&t)       Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)
  ROM: ViperOne M8 1.8.0         ROM: AOKP 4.4.3 (06/14)
  Kernel: Elemental-X 0.18       Kernel: Elemental-X 2.13
  Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0         Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1
  Radio: 1.19.213311491.A22G     Bootloader: 4.0.2

The Following User Says Thank You to guyd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]