Thread Closed

Thumbs down No S5 Root yet -- Frustration

OP vladtess

11th June 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Heyy ya'll, I am so frustrated!! I have bought the Verizon S5 with hopes to get it unlocked soon, but nothing is there!! This is so frustrating -- I signed up with verizon and pay $150/month for 6 gigz with all else unlimited, but the root is one thing that I was looking for. It is frustrating because I probably should've gotten myself a Sprint/Tmobile that was unrooted before even release and it is cheaper!! Ugh!!! By the time unlock happens, a new S series will come out!

Thanks for listening to me! I feel better
11th June 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #2  
spotmark's Avatar
Senior Member
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 507
 
1,460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladtess

Heyy ya'll, I am so frustrated!! I have bought the Verizon S5 with hopes to get it unlocked soon, but nothing is there!! This is so frustrating -- I signed up with verizon and pay $150/month for 6 gigz with all else unlimited, but the root is one thing that I was looking for. It is frustrating because I probably should've gotten myself a Sprint/Tmobile that was unrooted before even release and it is cheaper!! Ugh!!! By the time unlock happens, a new S series will come out!

Thanks for listening to me! I feel better

Sell it on Swappa, and buy yourself an M8.
11th June 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #3  
Franzie3's Avatar
Senior Member
Wappingers Falls, NY
Thanks Meter: 333
 
615 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladtess

Heyy ya'll, I am so frustrated!! I have bought the Verizon S5 with hopes to get it unlocked soon, but nothing is there!! This is so frustrating -- I signed up with verizon and pay $150/month for 6 gigz with all else unlimited, but the root is one thing that I was looking for. It is frustrating because I probably should've gotten myself a Sprint/Tmobile that was unrooted before even release and it is cheaper!! Ugh!!! By the time unlock happens, a new S series will come out!

Thanks for listening to me! I feel better

You bought a phone without root to begin with. I understand your frustrated but if you wanted a phone with root you should of done homework beforehand. if you wanted the S5 specifically with root, then you probably should switch carriers.

I'm not trying to be rude, its just this post really has no meaning. Your frustrations are just like many, but there is no reason to just start a post on it. Be like a lot of people and be patient. if its going to be rooted one day it will, if you really do not want to wait go an by a phone that is already rooted and not one hoping to eventually be rooted/unlocked because the fact it is just may not happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Franzie3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #4  
magneticzero's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Happy Valley
Thanks Meter: 49
 
459 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Should of got a developer edition phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to magneticzero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #5  
dlscott1111's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Let the man vent. We all feel his pain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dlscott1111 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #6  
barondebxl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,573
 
6,292 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlscott1111

Let the man vent. We all feel his pain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah i totally understand you're frustrating OP. I had the AT&T S5 worth no root and i sold it to get the Tmobile version and now im rooted. If that option wasnt available i would have bought another phone. Root is a must for me.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #7  
Martinjv71's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 124
 
517 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Don't take the advice of buying an M8...know 3 people that have it and my S5 still unrooted is better than theirs with ANY rom...just wait we will get there. The camera alone and battery life alone us worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martinjv71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by They're

Don't take the advice of buying an M8...know 3 people that have it and my S5 still unrooted is better than theirs with ANY rom...just wait we will get there. The camera alone and battery life alone us worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Yet there are others who have switched and love the M8. Each person is different and should make a decision they feel right with. Many folk are happy with the S5, even without root. For others the lack of root is a deal breaker.

I personally love my M8 as much as I did my S3. I didn't go for the S5 because of Knox and the locked bootloader. That's me though and I would not deign to denigrate anyone simply because their priorities are different than my own.

Sent by Tapatalk Pro running my rooted Big Red HTC One M8
Last edited by Not Enough Coffee; 12th June 2014 at 03:25 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Not Enough Coffee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
307 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
hey guys

im asking for a guy here at work.

he just got an S5 a few days ago and was wondering if theres a way to tell if its a Dev edition or if its the normal retail. im not finind anything that says if theres a firmware version or somehting in about phone that will tell you.
12th June 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #10  
warriorpluto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag in the streets racing
Thanks Meter: 104
 
1,308 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmeth

hey guys

im asking for a guy here at work.

he just got an S5 a few days ago and was wondering if theres a way to tell if its a Dev edition or if its the normal retail. im not finind anything that says if theres a firmware version or somehting in about phone that will tell you.

Dev editions come only in black right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S 5 General by ThreadRank