Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 52,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No S5 Root yet -- Frustration

Tip us?

vladtess
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down No S5 Root yet -- Frustration

Heyy ya'll, I am so frustrated!! I have bought the Verizon S5 with hopes to get it unlocked soon, but nothing is there!! This is so frustrating -- I signed up with verizon and pay $150/month for 6 gigz with all else unlimited, but the root is one thing that I was looking for. It is frustrating because I probably should've gotten myself a Sprint/Tmobile that was unrooted before even release and it is cheaper!! Ugh!!! By the time unlock happens, a new S series will come out!

Thanks for listening to me! I feel better

spotmark
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladtess View Post
Heyy ya'll, I am so frustrated!! I have bought the Verizon S5 with hopes to get it unlocked soon, but nothing is there!! This is so frustrating -- I signed up with verizon and pay $150/month for 6 gigz with all else unlimited, but the root is one thing that I was looking for. It is frustrating because I probably should've gotten myself a Sprint/Tmobile that was unrooted before even release and it is cheaper!! Ugh!!! By the time unlock happens, a new S series will come out!

Sell it on Swappa, and buy yourself an M8.
A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
Spotmark

For Sale-Galaxy Note II http://swappa.com/listing/SLS841/view

Franzie3
Old
Thanks Meter 297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladtess View Post

You bought a phone without root to begin with. I understand your frustrated but if you wanted a phone with root you should of done homework beforehand. if you wanted the S5 specifically with root, then you probably should switch carriers.

I'm not trying to be rude, its just this post really has no meaning. Your frustrations are just like many, but there is no reason to just start a post on it. Be like a lot of people and be patient. if its going to be rooted one day it will, if you really do not want to wait go an by a phone that is already rooted and not one hoping to eventually be rooted/unlocked because the fact it is just may not happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Franzie3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

magneticzero
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Should of got a developer edition phone...
Sent from your girlfriends iphone
The Following User Says Thank You to magneticzero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dlscott1111
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Let the man vent. We all feel his pain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dlscott1111 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

barondebxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlscott1111 View Post
Let the man vent. We all feel his pain.

Yeah i totally understand you're frustrating OP. I had the AT&T S5 worth no root and i sold it to get the Tmobile version and now im rooted. If that option wasnt available i would have bought another phone. Root is a must for me.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Jack Bauer is back!!!!!!!!!

Current Device: HTC One M8

Recently Owned

Samsung Galaxy S5

Sony Xperia Z2

Iphone 5S

LG G Flex

Martinjv71
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Don't take the advice of buying an M8...know 3 people that have it and my S5 still unrooted is better than theirs with ANY rom...just wait we will get there. The camera alone and battery life alone us worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T

Rocking ViSiX !!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martinjv71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Not Enough Coffee
Old
(Last edited by Not Enough Coffee; 12th June 2014 at 03:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by They're
Don't take the advice of buying an M8...know 3 people that have it and my S5 still unrooted is better than theirs with ANY rom...just wait we will get there. The camera alone and battery life alone us worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Yet there are others who have switched and love the M8. Each person is different and should make a decision they feel right with. Many folk are happy with the S5, even without root. For others the lack of root is a deal breaker.

I personally love my M8 as much as I did my S3. I didn't go for the S5 because of Knox and the locked bootloader. That's me though and I would not deign to denigrate anyone simply because their priorities are different than my own.

Sent by Tapatalk Pro running my rooted Big Red HTC One M8
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Not Enough Coffee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blackmeth
Old
Thanks Meter 56
hey guys

im asking for a guy here at work.

he just got an S5 a few days ago and was wondering if theres a way to tell if its a Dev edition or if its the normal retail. im not finind anything that says if theres a firmware version or somehting in about phone that will tell you.

warriorpluto
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmeth View Post
hey guys

im asking for a guy here at work.

he just got an S5 a few days ago and was wondering if theres a way to tell if its a Dev edition or if its the normal retail. im not finind anything that says if theres a firmware version or somehting in about phone that will tell you.
Dev editions come only in black right?

my feedback
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...8-warriorpluto

Originally Posted by xxnitro123
yee ill take screenshots... when i take a pic of the screen it doenst show in the picture because the color interferes with the light

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe