Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GiONEE E7 4K Discussion

Tip us?

GTARaja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default GiONEE E7 4K Discussion

Hello All, Im very interested in having 4K video recording on our E7 device..As you all have seen the camera sensor OV16825 is very capable of recording 4K and our processor too is capable of handling 4k at ease.Ive contacted many devs for this but some are saying that its too much to want..only person helping me is Jishnu Sur. yes the guy porting 4k and 120fps to G2.Ive continued to study all the things and at this time i came to the conclusion that it looks there is little hope.. See the pics ive attached first is of gionee camera app second one is of one plus one. any body willing to help??
The Following User Says Thank You to GTARaja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eduardojv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Try this

You tried to flash the LG mod?

GTARaja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
bro both devices have different sensors and both require different libs..so flashing doesnt help...btw ive tried that camera app it fc's on my device..

Eduardojv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja View Post
bro both devices have different sensors and both require different libs..so flashing doesnt help...btw ive tried that camera app it fc's on my device..
Well, the libs are generated while compiling.
I heard Gionee is working hard to put 4k record in the e7 with the kk update. I canīt wait to get this phone

GTARaja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardojv View Post
Well, the libs are generated while compiling.
I heard Gionee is working hard to put 4k record in the e7 with the kk update. I canīt wait to get this phone
ur source???

dhirajranger
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Hello All, Im very interested in having 4K video recording on our E7 device..As you all have seen the camera sensor OV16825 is very capable of recording 4K and our processor too is capable of handling 4k at ease.Ive contacted many devs for this but some are saying that its too much to want..only person helping me is Jishnu Sur. yes the guy porting 4k and 120fps to G2.Ive continued to study all the things and at this time i came to the conclusion that it looks there is little hope.. See the pics ive attached first is of gionee camera app second one is of one plus one. any body willing to help??
hey try 2304 X 1728 resolution
z device test shows camera capable of this resolution give it a try

GTARaja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajranger View Post
hey try 2304 X 1728 resolution
z device test shows camera capable of this resolution give it a try
thats about preview bro..not about recording

dhirajranger
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
thats about preview bro..not about recording
yes but to preview image has to be processed i mean they may have support libs for that resolution right?

on the side note is front cam capable of 720p only?

GTARaja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajranger View Post
yes but to preview image has to be processed i mean they may have support libs for that resolution right?

on the side note is front cam capable of 720p only?
no but dunno how gionee has messed up with front camera as other camera app detects it as 1080 capable..looks we need cam sources for this..

simmer14
Old
Thanks Meter 82
our sensor is capable of recording 2k and 4k videos at 60fps look over at omnision website..