Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]

Tip us?

mitsosJL
Old
(Last edited by mitsosJL; 11th June 2014 at 05:34 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q]

Hey guys!!!
Here's my daily question

When I play for at least 45 minutes my phone starts overheating (special when it is charging) and it can reach 45 C and more which is annoying and terrifying :P

What do you usually do in order to keep the temperatures low?

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,072

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsosJL View Post
Hey guys!!!
Here's my daily question

When I play for at least 45 minutes my phone starts overheating (special when it is charging) and it can reach 45 C and more which is annoying and terrifying :P

If you are rooted check threads on Z2 section, there's great idea and solution for that (you'll need to undervolt your device)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to funky0308 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitsosJL
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
If you are rooted check threads on Z2 section, there's great idea and solution for that (you'll need to undervolt your device)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
A link please

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 754

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsosJL View Post
Hey guys!!!
Here's my daily question

Unfortunately you really can't keep them down all the way, the phone will heat up regardless, you're stressing the components by gaming, this will make them heat up.

You could try using lower clock speeds or not charging when gaming, strimming apps back, closing all unwanted / uneeded apps, lowering brightness, turning off wireless controls, taking a break more often, playing in a cold room, playing without a case.

Other than that theres not much else, maybe kernel control of the processors / GPU
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1 - Galaxy S5