Tip us?

claude4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Need registry hack to allow MSVC 1.5 to work via BT on 3125

Good day,

I have the Cingularar 8125 and 3125.
I have MS Voice Command 1.5 working on both (both are V 1.5 but they are different executables)

Whereas I can activate VC 1.5 on my 8125 via bluetooth using this registry hack:
Open up a registry entry program such as Total Commander 2.0.
Then go to
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path ”.

Change the default value from
“\Windows\SDDialer.exe” to
“\Program Files\Voice Command\VoiceCMD.exe”.
Now you should be able to activate Micrsoft Voice Command by
pressing the connect button on your bluetooth headset.

I need to find a similar registry hack to enable me to activate VC 1.5 on a Cingular 3125.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Claude H.
Blind Man!
Started with Sony's cmd-z1 cell phone with the small microphone arm that flips out to answer the call way back when cell phones were simply phones.
1st PDA was the original Apple Newton followed by the original Palm Pilot.
1st WM2K3 device was iPAQ3800 followed by 3900, iQUE 3600, HP4700, HTC X7501, HTC HD2 T9193 XDA moded WM6.5.3
Current backup phone: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 on AT&T
Current joy: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 i317 on AT&T (rooted and using routed stock ROM).

singhnx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've got one approach ... although it's not as quick, intuitive, and simple as yours for the PPC ...

I've got a Plantronics M2500. I hold down the connect key on the headset until I hear 3 beeps. Then I press the button on the 3125 that I've mapped to the VC UK 1.5 (long camera press) and then speak the command.

That works for me.

Ideally, I'd like to change the mapping to the voice tags button which is just sitting there getting no presses from me!

mobilehavoc
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Download jetware mobile for Smartphone..it enabled MS Voicecommand over Bluetooth. Using it on my 3125 and it works perfectly.

It costs $15 but it's well worth the money since *ahem* the MS VC is pretty cheap (read: free)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC One - 2.17 Stock (4.2.2) || Nexus 4 - CyanogenMod 10.1 Stable ||

jhrain
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
Download jetware mobile for Smartphone..it enabled MS Voicecommand over Bluetooth. Using it on my 3125 and it works perfectly.

It costs $15 but it's well worth the money since *ahem* the MS VC is pretty cheap (read: free)
You got Microsoft VoiceCommand 1.5 to run on your Cingular 3125? When I attempt to install it, I get an error on the phone complaining that this software is not intended for this device.

Suggestions, tricks?

JIM

hidden_dragon
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrain View Post
You got Microsoft VoiceCommand 1.5 to run on your Cingular 3125? When I attempt to install it, I get an error on the phone complaining that this software is not intended for this device.

Suggestions, tricks?

JIM
MSFT voice command will work just as long as your 3125 is fully application unlocked (this is not the same as SIM unlocked). I have the UK 1.5 version and it works flawlessly over bluetooth using jetware.

trublu01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Agreed, I also have the UK version running with Jetware and works great. MS should have 1.6 out by the end of the year.