Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

galaxy tab 3 kids - root

7th December 2013, 05:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Michigan
Thanks Meter: 99

1,342 posts
Hi everyone,

I just got this tablet and want to root it. Its model is SM-T2105

Can someone provide some proper instructions or links on how to achieve this? Thank you!
9th December 2013, 05:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chugger93

Hi everyone,

I just got this tablet and want to root it. Its model is SM-T2105

Can someone provide some proper instructions or links on how to achieve this? Thank you!

Sure, all you need to do is use the T210 root method, recoveries and what not. I have both my kid tabs rooted with cwm touch recovery on them using the T210 model.
9th December 2013, 07:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag @my home
Thanks Meter: 95

308 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviant.one

Sure, all you need to do is use the T210 root method, recoveries and what not. I have both my kid tabs rooted with cwm touch recovery on them using the T210 model.

Have you used the the cwm/twrp and root signed.zip from gr8nole thread Root Recovery for SM-T210/210R for the kids tab?

What kind of language support your kids ROM? I search a ROM which supported German.
9th December 2013, 10:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
Yes I used the cwm that gr8nole posted. There are no custom roms for the kids version yet but if you need german support I do believe I saw a german official firmware you can flash thru odin when I was downloading the US version.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium HD app
13th December 2013, 01:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Michigan
Thanks Meter: 99

1,342 posts
Thanks, I really just wanted to root it. Custom recovery is pointless as I don't plan on any custom roms. Just wanna remove bloat. I was thinking custom kernel too, but I'm not sure whats out there that works with the kids tab. Suggestions?
14th December 2013, 07:04 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi,
I have a kids tab 3 (SM-T2105) and a normal tab 3 (SM-T210R)...basically i purchased the normal one before the kids one and i want to add the kids mode app on the normal one...if i create a nandroid back up of the kids tab can i load that image to the normal tab?

i'm new to this scene and just trying to weigh my options...i tried the "mybackup pro" option and that didn't work...any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks
14th December 2013, 11:51 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 3,401

2,203 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afbanales

Hi,
I have a kids tab 3 (SM-T2105) and a normal tab 3 (SM-T210R)...basically i purchased the normal one before the kids one and i want to add the kids mode app on the normal one...if i create a nandroid back up of the kids tab can i load that image to the normal tab?

i'm new to this scene and just trying to weigh my options...i tried the "mybackup pro" option and that didn't work...any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Take a look at this...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548241

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4
12th June 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cartagena
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Samsung Tab 10.1 & Kids?
Hi, I intend to buy the Tab 10.1 and I want to know if he could install the ROM tab 3 kids.

Thank.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Tab 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank