Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

galaxy tab 3 kids - root

Tip us?

chugger93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Default galaxy tab 3 kids - root

Hi everyone,

I just got this tablet and want to root it. Its model is SM-T2105

Can someone provide some proper instructions or links on how to achieve this? Thank you!
Jon
- Google Nexus 5 | Stock/Rooted/Unlocked
- Google Nexus 10 | Sentinel Rom w/Franco

deviant.one
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chugger93 View Post
Hi everyone,

I just got this tablet and want to root it. Its model is SM-T2105

Can someone provide some proper instructions or links on how to achieve this? Thank you!
Sure, all you need to do is use the T210 root method, recoveries and what not. I have both my kid tabs rooted with cwm touch recovery on them using the T210 model.

bierma32
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviant.one View Post
Sure, all you need to do is use the T210 root method, recoveries and what not. I have both my kid tabs rooted with cwm touch recovery on them using the T210 model.
Have you used the the cwm/twrp and root signed.zip from gr8nole thread Root Recovery for SM-T210/210R for the kids tab?

What kind of language support your kids ROM? I search a ROM which supported German.

deviant.one
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes I used the cwm that gr8nole posted. There are no custom roms for the kids version yet but if you need german support I do believe I saw a german official firmware you can flash thru odin when I was downloading the US version.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium HD app

chugger93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Thanks, I really just wanted to root it. Custom recovery is pointless as I don't plan on any custom roms. Just wanna remove bloat. I was thinking custom kernel too, but I'm not sure whats out there that works with the kids tab. Suggestions?
Jon
- Google Nexus 5 | Stock/Rooted/Unlocked
- Google Nexus 10 | Sentinel Rom w/Franco

afbanales
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
I have a kids tab 3 (SM-T2105) and a normal tab 3 (SM-T210R)...basically i purchased the normal one before the kids one and i want to add the kids mode app on the normal one...if i create a nandroid back up of the kids tab can i load that image to the normal tab?

i'm new to this scene and just trying to weigh my options...i tried the "mybackup pro" option and that didn't work...any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks

gr8nole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2238

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by afbanales View Post
Hi,
I have a kids tab 3 (SM-T2105) and a normal tab 3 (SM-T210R)...basically i purchased the normal one before the kids one and i want to add the kids mode app on the normal one...if i create a nandroid back up of the kids tab can i load that image to the normal tab?

i'm new to this scene and just trying to weigh my options...i tried the "mybackup pro" option and that didn't work...any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Take a look at this...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548241

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4
>>>>------;;;;----->

juna-unetenet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Tab 10.1 & Kids?

Hi, I intend to buy the Tab 10.1 and I want to know if he could install the ROM tab 3 kids.

Thank.