Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WIP] Carbon ROM 4.3 Unofficial 9.15.13 4.2 BL

Tip us?

pio_masaki
Old
(Last edited by pio_masaki; 12th December 2013 at 08:08 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3601

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][WIP] Carbon ROM 4.3 Unofficial 9.15.13 4.2 BL

As good a place as any to post this.

Pio-masaki.com is being shut down due to a Cease and Desist order sent against the host by Google and homeland security. I have no idea why, however until this is sorted out, and to avoid any possible or further legal issues, the site is down for a period of time that can be a day or forever. This includes any and all ROMs, kernels, gapps packages, for any and all devices, that were hosted on pio-masaki.com.

I apologize in advance for this as I know some ROMs are only available at pio-masaki.com, but it is out of my hands, the host has to consider their own safety, and has my 100% agreement and backing in taking down the site until the matter is resolved.

As this is a very large matter, and one that has us incredibly scared, I'm retreating from android for the time being, until I know what it was that I did that was illegal, and may return once this is cleared up and blows over.

After this is cleared up the hosting for pio-masaki.com may still remain offline as the hoster has some personal issues with me at this point and may or may not continue to host for me, should we resolve our differences it may return.

If by some chance Google or whoever sent the C&D notices this, I urge you to contact me as I was responsible for what was hosted, and would genuinely like to know what the issues are so we can get them resolved immediately.

I will be making similar postings or editings to any other ROM threads that link to pio-masaki.com.

As a favor I built Carbon ROM for a friend, and as it mostly works, he suggested I put it up for all of you guys to use, which I'm doing now

Please refer to this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2137013 for a better understanding of the ROM and what it can do and features, otherwise here is some options it has:

-PIE!
-HALO
-Dark Carbon! Huge props to Slim Roms for coming up with this unique and awesome feature.
-Lockscreen theming
-CM skinny battery is back!
-Volume key lock on silent mode option
-Backup tool - if you're flashing a new version of Carbon and already have the required version of gapps installed, it will be backed up and restored during install. This applies to system apps and custom host files as well. Please note that you should only dirty flash from Carbon to Carbon. It's ok if it's another version or a nightly - just not over other roms. Super handy for you crack flashers. Make sure you've got the most recent Gapps though, and if you're flashing from a factory reset, you'll still need to install it after install of course.
-Long pressing the "clear recents" button clears the cache
-AOKP's awesome new navbar settings
-NFC polling mode for when you want to keep your screen off and scan tags
-MMS and call "breathe" feature. Makes the notification icon fade in and out.
-Mute dings when changing volume
-Disable/enable CRT effect on screen on/off.
-3rd party keyboard bug fixed
-deodexed again
-stability and speed enhancements

Who is Carbon?

andros11
BigShotRob
dg4prez
Kejar31
mattmanwrx
morfic
nocoast
pixeldotz
slick_rick
winner00

Change Log
Initial release build, corrected non operational WiFi

Updated source, dock should now be fully funtional

Updated to 4.3
Built with CM's device tree and kernel source
As my tester no longer has this device, this is completely untested, reports are welcome!

THANKS, CREDIT, PROPS
Team Carbon
CyanogenMOD
AOKP
Google
Linaro
diesburg - for testing and suggesting releasing so you guys enjoy it also
Drgravy - 4.2 builds based on his device/vendor tree and kernel binary, and whoever else is included in the making of those.
A100
Guide: All things Iconia A100 | Jellytime Sosei | Carbon
Droid DNA
PAC-Man | Carbon | ReVolt | Chameleon OS | MoKee OS | IOAP
VZW LG G2
ReVolt | Carbon | IOAP
TF300T
Carbon
Nexus 7
Carbon
Thank you to those that donated, it's greatly appreciated!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to pio_masaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pio_masaki
Old
(Last edited by pio_masaki; 19th July 2013 at 05:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3601

DONATE TO ME

Notes, info, warnings

First and foremost, I do NOT own this device, I don't even own an Asus device, and not counting the N7, never have. I am building this blind and rely only on feedback from testers and users. As such, please remember this as you decide to yell about broken stuff.

This isn't a primary development device for me, I'm always willing to offer support on anything I release, but please don't expect daily builds. Weekly, perhaps, but it's mostly as I have the spare time to.

4.2 Bootloader only, I can not be held responsible if you flash this on any other bootloader and whatever happens, happening.

Information concerning updating and installing the correct bootloader and recovery can be found at the following:
[GUIDE]Upgrade TF300t to Jellybean 4.1 or 4.2, root, recovery & remove bloatware by krabappel2548 - please remember this is for the 4.2 Bootloader ONLY, please follow instructions for updating to 4.2 bootloader and recovery!

[GUIDE] How to install Universal Naked Drivers by tobdaryl - for setting up your PC to get going so you can root/flash/recovery/ROM your device.

[VIDEO Overviews and How To's] ASUS Transformer Pad 300 (TF300T) by AllAboutAndroids - for those who need or prefer video style instructions, swing by here and watch what they have to offer.

I'd be happy to add any additional information as it's needed, as I don't own the device I'm not real familiar with it and whats available information and utility wise. These looked like very informative threads to help users who may need a little guidance to getting ready to use Carbon on their device.

BUGS
BT does not work Rebooting will have BT working.
Some keys on the keyboard do not work
Whatever else?

A100
Droid DNA
VZW LG G2
ReVolt | Carbon | IOAP
TF300T
Carbon
Nexus 7
Carbon
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pio_masaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pio_masaki
Old
(Last edited by pio_masaki; 16th September 2013 at 07:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3601

DONATE TO ME
Where can I get this?

You can visit pio-masaki.com, it's under the TF300T header, builds are always dated, and if multiple builds of the same date are made, they will include sequential build numbers, such as B2, B3, etc.

For those who don't want to go find it, here you go:
http://www.pio-masaki.com/index.php?...0T%2FCarbon%2F

Hosting for the site is made possible by diesburg for the best user experience and speed.

FAQ
Q. BT doesn't work!?
A. Reboot, BT should fire up as normal after the first reboot.

Q. HALO isn't appearing after I enabled it in settings, what gives?
A. Go into any UI besides Tablet UI (phablet, whatever you want to call its default UI mode) then reboot, enable HALO in settings, then pull down the statusbar and tap the circle icon, HALO will then appear. You can then go back to Tablet UI if you wish.

Q. I want to throw money at you / throw my daughter at you / bear your children! How can I do this?
A. Money can be freely donated (freely donated meaning in no way required or expected, however loved and appreciated as it's my only income and diapers are expensive) by clicking the donate to me link under my name to the left. Also please consider donating to diesburg for the hosting he has paid for. For throwing daughters around, maybe seek therapy, she may not like it. For children bearing, my wife wouldn't care for it, so get that out of your head. I also accept devices (old/broken/new/wet/bricked/whatever).

Kernel source: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...el_asus_tf300t
Device tree used: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ce_asus_tf300t
A100
Droid DNA
VZW LG G2
ReVolt | Carbon | IOAP
TF300T
Carbon
Nexus 7
Carbon
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pio_masaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wigginst
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Fancy seeing you here

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

diesburg
Old
Thanks Meter 100
As he posted above, when I tested, BT won't turn on. Some shortcut keys on the dock don't work. Both battery meters and the dock battery seem to be working. FYI, if you switch the UI mode to tablet mode or something, it requires a reboot for it to take. I think there may be a couple small issues with Halo. Enable halo and download any file from any site using the browser and you should see what I saw.(Hard to explain, but the download progress in the status bar never goes away, jacks your whole status bar)

And keep in mind what pio_masaki said, he doesn't have this device. So if you need help with something in the rom, how to or something, he may not be able to help, I will help as much as I can since i actually have the device. Please don't bomb him with ETA's . His main priorites for development of ROM's are for devices he owns and AFAIK, that will not change, he will release new builds when he does and until then, wait patiently.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
Check out these android websites I host! http://pio-masaki.com and http://android-files.com Need file hosting for your ROMs? Email jeff@diesburg.info .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diesburg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pio_masaki
Old
Thanks Meter 3601

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginst View Post
Fancy seeing you here

HAHA hey I didn't know you had one of these, you traitor!
A100
Droid DNA
VZW LG G2
ReVolt | Carbon | IOAP
TF300T
Carbon
Nexus 7
Carbon

wigginst
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Just got it. Wife has the thrive now (still running fine now).

pio_masaki
Old
Thanks Meter 3601

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginst View Post
Just got it. Wife has the thrive now (still running fine now).

I need to sell the excite and get one of these :beer:
A100
Droid DNA
VZW LG G2
ReVolt | Carbon | IOAP
TF300T
Carbon
Nexus 7
Carbon
The Following User Says Thank You to pio_masaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wigginst
Old
Thanks Meter 125
I have really liked it so far and has a good development community.

diesburg
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Just want to throw a reminder out... this is for 4.2 bootloader.... if you're on 4.1 you will have to upgrade.... if you have any doubt about what you are doing with the upgrade process and flashing the new recovery, please, for the sake of your own tablet, read, read, read, until you are sure about what you are doing. If you need help with upgrading the bootloader and flashing new recovery, let me know and we will post links to threads that have directions.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk 2
Check out these android websites I host! http://pio-masaki.com and http://android-files.com Need file hosting for your ROMs? Email jeff@diesburg.info .