Slight Screen Discoloration

OP RJS5689

7th November 2013, 08:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
I've noticed some slight screen discoloration on my LG G2. The discoloration is about half way down on the left side of the screen. It's a very slight yellow crescent shape of discoloration. It looks similar to the discoloration my iPhone 4 experienced. Has anyone seen this issue with the G2 screens?

I contacted Verizon and they are overnighting me a warranty replacement. They also reached out to LG, who claimed this is not a known issue with the device. I just wanted to make you guys aware, as well as see if anyone else has experienced this. I'm not too familiar with LCD technology, what could be causing this discoloration?

Unfortunately I cannot post pictures because I am a new member, but I wish I was able to show you all what I'm talking about. It is VERY minor, however, I can still see it an it is bothersome to me. I figured I should have it replaced considering it's no charge to me and I don't want it spread... if that's even possible?
7th November 2013, 11:56 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
I'm starting to question whether or not I want to accept the most likely refurbished phone Verizon is sending me. It seems the yellow has faded slightly, although it becomes more present when the screen is on for longer periods of time. I guess I just have an irrational fear of getting refurbished electronics, like there's going to be something wrong with it or it'll develop problems down the line. I guess I should just take the refurbished phone and call it good enough, this way I don't keep looking for the yellow discoloration every time I use my phone... yea, I'm that neurotic about perfection.
19th January 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Screen Discoloration
My LG G2 has a similar discoloration, orange in color, on the right edge near the top. I have a replacement on the way.

I don't have a screen protector or a case on my phone. No water/moisture exposure, no drops, no extreme temperatures, etc.

Any idea what might be the cause?
15th June 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #4  

1 posts
I've got the exact same problem I tried seeing if doing a normal restart of the phone would help which hasn't and it doesn't appear in screenshots and it's also happened recently about 1/2 way down
15th June 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #5  

2 posts
I'm on my third G2 (in 9 months) with this problem. Few of the staff in the Verizon stores have ever seen or heard of this problem.

I'm probably going to change to a different phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread