Issues with recent 4.4.2 update, black lock screen, sluggish, enormous battery drain.

OP KatanaMan

28th February 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
More
I'm bone stock, no root and have recently applied the L720VPUFNAE update. Since taking the update, the phone has had nothing but problems. When awakening 50% of the time I will get nothing but a black screen and will have to hard boot the phone. The other 50% of the time, it's extremely slow to accept my unlock code. Half of my home screen shortcuts are gone, just disappeared. Battery life is terrible, just a few hours of life. I've browsed here for solutions and have seen some people having similar issues on other sites, but no solutions. Is there a way to force the update again to see if that fixes it? Any other solutions aside from factory reset? Often times the phone will ring and I cannot even answer it because it won't wake up properly!
28th February 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,675

8,314 posts
More
I would suggest to factory reset the phone then proceed to Odin NAE tar that is available in the development section. Of course back up important things just to be sure. I had bad battery life for a few days. Until I discovered that it was clash of clans that was draining my battery. On Wi-Fi with the screen off it would drain about 4% since using greenify on it my battery now doesn't drains 0-1% under the same circumstances. You might have a rouge app that is draining your juice.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
28th February 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I am having these same exact issues. Really don't want to do a factory wipe if possible, but I am starting to think I may have to do it.

Also, the wifi issues have not been fixed with this release.

Anyone using anything like Juice Defender since the update -- is it helping with battery drain?
28th February 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag Southern California

8,314 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshendon

I am having these same exact issues. Really don't want to do a factory wipe if possible, but I am starting to think I may have to do it.

Also, the wifi issues have not been fixed with this release.

Anyone using anything like Juice Defender since the update -- is it helping with battery drain?

What Wi-Fi issues. So far I haven't ran into a single one on unrooted.

try greenify it works wonders.

28th February 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
More
After the last update to 4.3 a few months back, I also had some serious issues which were only solved by a factory reset. I hate the thought of doing it again, it's so much work getting all the tweaks and settings back the way they were. But it appears that may be my only option. Each OTA patch Samsung has released has been a disaster, it's getting to the point where HTC might be back on the menu for me.
28th February 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 150

576 posts
More
Bit dramatic there. If a factory reset fixes it there's nothing wrong with the update which you might have to do with an htc update also.
28th February 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 133

684 posts
i can agree on the insane batt drain but other then tbat im error free.. the batt drops even while on the 1.5amp charger..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
28th February 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #8  
Flag Southern California

8,314 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-allen

i can agree on the insane batt drain but other then tbat im error free.. the batt drops even while on the 1.5amp charger..

It would drop on a 1.5 amp because the stock is a 2 and, wouldn't it?

28th February 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 133

684 posts
probly right.. you should see it off the charger.. drop a percent per min.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

i wonder if there is a way to.boost the amp output on my laptop...itz usb2.0 @500ma

1st March 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #10  
Flag Upland, CA
Thanks Meter: 214

797 posts
More
I got the notification just now. How can I make it go away?

Google services framework is trying to update it.

Last edited by z50king; 1st March 2014 at 10:51 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread