Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 48,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does your Dot View Case close all the way??!

Tip us?

Ph33zy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Default Does your Dot View Case close all the way??!

I just got my new Dot Case from VZ, but the bloody thing doesn't close all the way. The front flap is not flush with the screen so its hard to see the notifications. I do have a tempered glass screen on there, but I don't think that is the actual cause of the flap not being flushed. I'm just wondering if I got a lemon?

wraith2626
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
I just got my new Dot Case from VZ, but the bloody thing doesn't close all the way. The front flap is not flush with the screen so its hard to see the notifications. I do have a tempered glass screen on there, but I don't think that is the actual cause of the flap not being flushed. I'm just wondering if I got a lemon?
Tempered glass screen protector off - closes all the way nicely.

Tempered glass screen protector adds just enough thickness to cause the front flap to not close as it increases the height against the hinge for the cover. Bummer

I look at this two ways. Cover of the dot case negates the need for a screen protector....or I can choose a case that the screen protector is able to work with (I did this, having had the dot case and learned the hard way about the fit).

Ph33zy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith2626 View Post
Tempered glass screen protector off - closes all the way nicely.

Tempered glass screen protector adds just enough thickness to cause the front flap to not close as it increases the height against the hinge for the cover. Bummer

I look at this two ways. Cover of the dot case negates the need for a screen protector....or I can choose a case that the screen protector is able to work with (I did this, having had the dot case and learned the hard way about the fit).
Did you confirm this yourself? I'd hate to remove the the expensive glass protector only to find out that it isn't the reason why the flap doesn't close all the way.

ingoljosh
Old
Thanks Meter 224

DONATE TO ME
dot view case is the ugliest thing i have ever seen in my life. HTC MAJOR FAIL!

It just looks and feels wrong.

Try again HTC

Ph33zy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoljosh View Post
dot view case is the ugliest thing i have ever seen in my life. HTC MAJOR FAIL!

It just looks and feels wrong.

Try again HTC
not really what i was asking about but thanks for the bump

wraith2626
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
Did you confirm this yourself? I'd hate to remove the the expensive glass protector only to find out that it isn't the reason why the flap doesn't close all the way.
Confirmed only in my situation for the Tempered Glass protector I installed.

I have the nillkin glass protector...only one I can confirm. Dot case closed perfectly without the glass installed. With the glass installed, stayed open and would not fully close.
The Following User Says Thank You to wraith2626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ph33zy
Old
(Last edited by Ph33zy; 17th April 2014 at 11:11 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith2626 View Post
Confirmed only in my situation for the Tempered Glass protector I installed.

I have the nillkin glass protector...only one I can confirm. Dot case closed perfectly without the glass installed. With the glass installed, stayed open and would not fully close.
Thanks....it's the exact same glass I have. Looks like the Dot case is going back.

racedog
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Same issue here. Glass protector and when the dot view case arrived it won't close because of the protector. Case is ugly anyway so it is going back tomorrow.

bobruels44
Old
Thanks Meter 37
If it's anything like the normal flip case it may take a few weeks to break the case in. I had the flip case one the M7, and many complained about this. After a week or two it was just fine.

nabbed
Old
Thanks Meter 198
A brand new dot view case didn't close all the way on my phone (with Verizon screen protector.)

But since the case breaks bluetooth voice dialing, I immediately returned it.