[Q] PLEASE HELP! Phone loses service when it is locked!

Search This thread

NiiSanShi

Mar 18, 2011
I am having problems with a Samsung Note 2 that I found. I thought it was my lucky day, but when I put my SIM card into the phone, the phone works and has service and I can receive and make calls. However, for some reason, when I lock the phone, the service just dies out and I have to unlock the phone and wait a few seconds to a few minutes before I get service back and can use the phone again. Please let me know if anyone has experienced these kinds of problems before and/or have any solutions that might work.

P.S. I'm not much of a phone techie but I spent a whole day rooting the phone, adding CWM, and adding the Jedimaster-X ROM on the phone, hoping that this would fix the problem but it did not. Any advice or help is wanted! Thank you in advance!

rimgoru

May 8, 2011
I am having problems with a Samsung Note 2 that I found. I thought it was my lucky day, but when I put my SIM card into the phone, the phone works and has service and I can receive and make calls. However, for some reason, when I lock the phone, the service just dies out and I have to unlock the phone and wait a few seconds to a few minutes before I get service back and can use the phone again. Please let me know if anyone has experienced these kinds of problems before and/or have any solutions that might work.

P.S. I'm not much of a phone techie but I spent a whole day rooting the phone, adding CWM, and adding the Jedimaster-X ROM on the phone, hoping that this would fix the problem but it did not. Any advice or help is wanted! Thank you in advance!

would have to know if you lose the connection to wifi or data if so in settings / wifi / advanced / wifi keep forever.

NiiSanShi

Mar 18, 2011
would have to know if you lose the connection to wifi or data if so in settings / wifi / advanced / wifi keep forever.

I haven't tried it with wifi. I just know that the service bar goes from having 4 bars to a crossed out O right after I lock my screen. I can see the crossed out O when I re-light the screen by pressing the power or home buttons. I have tried various SIM cards and still no change. I also tried changing the ROM, no change.