Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 44,075 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 LCD replacement question

Tip us?

raven69david
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Phone Note 3 LCD replacement question

Does a Sprint Note 3 screen work on an AT&T/T-Mobile Note 3 ? I have a friend that can replace Sprint Note 3 LCD/Digitizers on broken Sprint Note 3's and was wondering if I could replace a broken/damaged LCD from an AT&T or T-Mobile Note 3 too? TIA

raven69david
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I got my answer via Samsung chat:

Quote:
info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Daisy'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
info: Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125601008151X
Daisy: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
david: i have a galaxy note 3 with a broken glass.
david: can you tell me if the replacement LCD for a Sprint Note 3 and a T-Mobile Note 3 are the same?
david: or are they different part numbers?
Daisy: I am sorry to know that the device glass is broken.
Daisy: I would like to inform that the LCD for the Sprint Note 3 and a T-Mobile Note 3 are the same.
Daisy: Samsung do repair the device screen and fix it.
Daisy: Samsung provides one year standard warranty for the device from the date of purchase. Unfortunately, physical or liquid damage are not covered under warranty service cost includes accordingly.
david: so then the screens for a CDMA Note 3 and a GSM Note 3 are the same?
david: if so, can you provide me with the part #?
Daisy: I will explain you David.
Daisy: Samsung does not sell any spare part and we do not recommend to replace or repair the device LCD screen.
Daisy: It may void the device functionality.
david: yes
david: i understand.
david: the work would be performed at a local repair facility
david: however I was told that the LCD for a Sprint Note 3 was different than a T-Mobile Note 3 and was provided different repair costs.
david: this is why I'm trying to see if it's in fact the same part for every different carrier variant of the Note 3.
Daisy: I would like to inform that the Note 3 model is same for all Carrier.